omariqy

Audio unsynced. 

If you can't find the stream on the site; the matchsenter loaded a game from last year. So I had to click the arrow on the top right. Until I got to today's date. Not sure if this applies to everyone. 

Picture quality was perfect for me, actually best it’s ever been though I note they were using ifollow rather than doing it themselves. Audio obviously un synced but I just muted it which didn’t bother me as I was watching in a room full of screaming kids. 

Have to admit the coverage is absolutely shocking.  It's so bad and for it to be so expensive it has ti be better than this.

Surely this was raised at last meeting with the club how bad the streaming service is?

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I’m wondering if the constant cutting out is to do with the whole pretending to be elsewhere thing.

This... people constantly complaining about AVTV seem to be forgetting that 90% of the time its your end rather than their end which is the issue. Obviously the sound delay was AVTV problem as everyone experienced it. But when some people are getting perfect images and others poor that means its your issue. 

Quality of VPN your using, quality of individual proxy within that VPN, quality of machine you are using, your broadband speed. All factors which will influence the stream. 

Trust me I know how frustrating it is but best advice is play about until you find what works. 

Just now, villaglint said:

This... people constantly complaining about AVTV seem to be forgetting that 90% of the time its your end rather than their end which is the issue. Obviously the sound delay was AVTV problem as everyone experienced it. But when some people are getting perfect images and others poor that means its your issue. 

Quality of VPN your using, quality of individual proxy within that VPN, quality of machine you are using, your broadband speed. All factors which will influence the stream. 

Trust me I know how frustrating it is but best advice is play about until you find what works. 

Nah.

Both games this year were because of their issues.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villaglint said:

That is definitely not true mate. I have spoken to various other villains using diffeent VPNs and have all experience the same problems

The other week the picture was fuzzy and showed alot if those old school lines the colour ones that the bbc you use to have in the 90s.

Avtv coverage is dreadful 

16 minutes ago, villaglint said:

that's no the root of the issue. yes, you would expect certain differences in video quality if your bandwidth is lower as per every stream you use. I use plenty of paid streaming services and this is normal. hit high ping and you might see buffering, or if the service is well designed, a lowering of the quality to compensate for the connection on your end.

the issue with AVTV is that the data being sent is mangled. the audio and video are not synced up properly. it wouldn't matter what sort of networking setup you have since you'll be receiving information that isn't aligned properly in all cases.

they really need to fix this if they want us to pay for this service.

I don't know how they are technically sending the packages, but the off-sync and the fact that you can purchase audio only would maybe suggest that they're sending the video and the audio separately or something. I really don't know, haven't analyzed the packages but either way it's poor design if it relies on connectivity to get a synchronized feed. lowering quality of packages is how it should be done and how it is done by properly designed streaming services. no excuses imo.

Yes audio was out on Saturday but picture was perfect for me as I said above. Was Audio out for the first game too? I was at the game so couldn't say. 

Never had an issue with audio last year. 

Definitely not absolving AVTV of blame but just saying that most of the time the issue isn't only at their end. 1 example of a game last season. Wouldn't work at all on my laptop, so jumpy as to be unwatchable. Jumped on the Misses all singing all dancing Mac and it was the most perfect stream you have ever seen. Nothing changed in VPN, broadband, AVTV just the machine. Had it before where I changed proxy and it goes from awful to brilliant. 

So many factors involved. AVTV not great but never the only issue to consider.