Nassef Sawiris

NurembergVillan

One look at the north stand when you get past the reception area will have them ripping it down. Went for an interview last year for a design role and its dark wood and like something out of Telly Savalas's brum thing. So dated it's cringeworthy.

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

So according to Companies House  our new joint owner is actually Belgian , not Egyptian   ..who knew ?

0_Nassef-Sawiris-appointment.jpg

Pretty much everybody as it was widely reported when the takeover was announced!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Rather Tony Adams' suit than Xia's David Byrne one.

giphy.gif

Tony Adams has more of the Psycho Killer about him though

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

One look at the north stand when you get past the reception area will have them ripping it down. Went for an interview last year for a design role and its dark wood and like something out of Telly Savalas's brum thing. So dated it's cringeworthy.

Yeah I mentioned in another thread we had to go through the back way to get to a box when we play Small Heath..was shocked ! All concrete and 1960's..horrendous

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Which is quite an achievement bearing in mind it was built in the 1970's.  It was old fashioned before it even opened!

How planning laws could ever permit such a building next to something as beautiful as the old Trinity Road stand is beyond me!  Speaking of which, maybe these new guys are rich enough to remove the disgusting steel cladding from a large part of the exterior of the new Trinity Road Stand and actually finish the job.

Edited by Stephen_Evans
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

How planning laws could ever permit such a building next to something as beautiful as the old Trinity Road stand is beyond me!  Speaking of which, maybe these new guys are rich enough to remove the disgusting steel cladding from a large part of the exterior of the new Trinity Road Stand and actually finish the job.

I recall the general saying something could be done on this 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Pretty much everybody as it was widely reported when the takeover was announced!

I'd only ever seen it as he was Egyptian  and how he was Africas third richest man  etc  , not even sure I saw it mentioned in this thread either ?

56 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I recall the general saying something could be done on this 

It was the lack of taste and architectural vandalism that turned me against Ellis.  I was hoping Lerner would fix it, then Xia.  Third time lucky perhaps?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Can’t believe I fell for that :( 

People with wealth don't flaunt it like that!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Actually it was built in 1977 and it was quite forward thinking at the time. Now it is somewhat tired but its a home from home for me.

You mean you live in a massively overcrowded concrete cell and for a break from that you watch Villa from The North Stand?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

It was the lack of taste and architectural vandalism that turned me against Ellis.  

That's like saying you dispprove of Hitler because of his taste in music. 

Â