Nassef Sawiris

NurembergVillan

21 minutes ago, Nabby said:

What is in it for him  to provide short term finance ? I'd doubt investing in any football club is likely to increase the wealth of anyone let alone someone who is already a multi-billionaire 

Your suggesting that they put money in so we could for example sell Jack for 30 mil not 20 and what, they both take a few million out of the extra sale fee...If this was some faceless consortium maybe that could be the case but these 2 guys who are respected figures , are not going to put their names to some kind of get richer investment scheme.

I'm getting the Impression that Sawiris is kind of doing what ambromovic did back.in the day but just from a lower starting point.

In that hes not in it for financial gain but more a fun project. We already know hes very much into football. So for him it could be like a reality football manager game.

7 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I'm getting the Impression that Sawiris is kind of doing what ambromovic did back.in the day but just from a lower starting point.

In that hes not in it for financial gain but more a fun project. We already know hes very much into football. So for him it could be like a reality football manager game.

I don’t think so.  I think someone like him will get satisfaction in turning Villa into a force the right way.  Ie not just being a bottomless pit

1 hour ago, hippo said:

So a London based guy worth almost £7bn - buys non London club. Got to say I am still suspicious that this is the real deal - my fear is they are providing short term finance - so we don't get totally fleeced in the fire sales....hope I m wrong - perhaps I am too scared by the false dawn of Lerner - (I won't say Xia because I was always doubtful of him) 

You absolutely are so stand down. 

Nassef Sawiris is a seriously rich guy from a mega rich family. We are very fortunate that he loves football and obviously knows Aston Villa's prestigious history.

Wes Edens is another seriously rich man with a very astute financial brain. He also loves football.

Any idea that they may be playing a dodgy game of short term "let's pretend" in order to assist Xia to boost his prices by a few million and make a couple of million for themselves is ridiculous.

• Like 1

How much does a CEO earn?

If we are hampered with FFP then why pay someone potentially £2m/year to be CEO when we cant afford to buy new players anyway (if the CEO is responsible for transfers)

Makes sense not to have one and just ride out the year saving as much as we can wherever we can, then get someone in when we plan to start spending again.

11 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I don’t think so.  I think someone like him will get satisfaction in turning Villa into a force the right way.  Ie not just being a bottomless pit

Sorry, perhaps I phrased in incorrectly.but yes you could be spot on. The point I was making was that considering his wealth it does not appear in any way to me to be a financial move. 

Rather a challenging project to reach the top ( as opposed to meddling season after season in the championship ) .

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

How much does a CEO earn?

If we are hampered with FFP then why pay someone potentially £2m/year to be CEO when we cant afford to buy new players anyway (if the CEO is responsible for transfers)

Makes sense not to have one and just ride out the year saving as much as we can wherever we can, then get someone in when we plan to start spending again.

Perhaps he could persuade the candidate to simply volunteer for the role. Nudge, nudge, wink,wink.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Nassef Sawiris is a seriously rich guy from a mega rich family. We are very fortunate that he loves football and obviously knows Aston Villa's prestigious history.

Wes Edens is another seriously rich man with a very astute financial brain. He also loves football.

Any idea that they may be playing a dodgy game of short term "let's pretend" in order to assist Xia to boost his prices by a few million and make a couple of million for themselves is ridiculous.

If they both 'love football' why now ? - they aren't particularly young - and they would have had the means to do this years ago. 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

If they both 'love football' why now ? - they aren't particularly young - and they would have had the means to do this years ago. 

They may have had the money years ago but they definitely wouldn't have had the time. Both men would have been working round the clock to secure their respective futures.

Both men are about the same age 56/57, and my guess would be that they're looking for an exciting challenge at a time in their lives when they're able to devote enough time to it.

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Why are you so intent on looking for trouble with this @hippo?

Who knows why? Why do people ever do something at a given time? 

One press story claims they watched England in the world Cup together and hatched a plan. Ones maybe suggested it and the other agreed it was a good idea, things spark when people talk. 

Maybe the attraction of turning round the fortune of a huge club down on its luck is the attraction, which other club in the world is more suitable for that kind of project than us? Buying Chelsea might be like playing a computer game in cheat mode for them, prefer to start at the beginning and build something. 

Right thought right time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Both men are about the same age 56/57, and my guess would be that they're looking for an exciting challenge at a time in their lives when they're able to devote enough time to it.

Oh no, we are their mid life crisis! 

Most people just go out and buy a Porsche, I guess that's how multi billionaires roll. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Why are you so intent on looking for trouble with this @hippo?

Who knows why? Why do people ever do something at a given time? 

One press story claims they watched England in the world Cup together and hatched a plan. Ones maybe suggested it and the other agreed it was a good idea, things spark when people talk. 

Maybe the attraction of turning round the fortune of a huge club down on its luck is the attraction, which other club in the world is more suitable for that kind of project than us? Buying Chelsea might be like playing a computer game in cheat mode for them, prefer to start at the beginning and build something. 

Right thought right time. 

Or maybe they invest £15m each at a guaranteed rate of return. We get cash now - they get paid every year - that would be a classic xia deal. 

• Confused 3

7 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Though this thread needs bumping! 

Looks like our favourite billionaire is a bit of an Arsenal fan. (Not a dig or negative in anyway!)

Can we look forward to half Arsenal half Villa tattoos? All good owners should do that. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Though this thread needs bumping! 

Looks like our favourite billionaire is a bit of an Arsenal fan. (Not a dig or negative in anyway!)

Sounds good to me, he must know Wenger....

Just now, villan-scott said:

My thoughts exactly... I imagine he’s already spoken to Wenger. 

I know some folks will automatically say Wenger as DOF no thanks - but it would be a masterstroke, mentor for Henry, knows how to run a club, plays good football. 

Â