Thai Youth Football Team Trapped in Flooding Cave

maqroll

Harrowing situation in northern Thailand.  I'm sure everyone's heard of this crisis  by now.  A Thai Navy Seal died while planting oxygen tanks for the team to use on their dive quest to return to safety before the flood gets them in the back of the cave..

Edited by maqroll

21 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Hasn't Elon Musk volunteered to save the day or something?  Sending over some engineers that can make a hole to get them out.

Or is it a cynical publicity stunt on his part?

He link one of his posts to some Tesla news. Yes I think it's a bit of a publicity stunt for bim

Looking forward to the world tour for the team and inevitable movie. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Rescue operation underway

lXyAjya.jpg

Top marks to you fella, you're a bigger man than me. Wouldn't catch me going in a cave and It doesn't even look big enough for your wheelchair. fair play :thumb:

• Haha 1

Elon Musk seems to have dropped all pretence and gone into full self publicity mode.

The actual rescuers putting their lives at risk will probably get a lot less attention than he is generating. 

55 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

11 out now, Just 1 more & the idiot that took them in there to go

I have been wondering what the consequences will be for him.

I don't think Thailand is the kind of country which will look kindly on him, however the eyes of the world are watching as well so he may get off lightly.  I think the fact that someone has lost their life though might change things.

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

Elon Musk seems to have dropped all pretence and gone into full self publicity mode.

The actual rescuers putting their lives at risk will probably get a lot less attention than he is generating. 

As far as I can tell, all he's done is call out lying journalists, which is always a good thing to be doing. The beeb and guardian in particular should be embarrassed about some of the misinformation that they published. 

If they're getting fed up of the 'fake nooz' catchphrase, they really ought to stop posting bollocks. 

Edited by Davkaus

Nice to hear some good news. I hear Manchester United have invited them to attend a game at Old Trafford. Haven't these boys been put through enough already? I call it cruel and unusual punishment....

On 11/07/2018 at 01:59, Davkaus said:

As far as I can tell, all he's done is call out lying journalists, which is always a good thing to be doing. The beeb and guardian in particular should be embarrassed about some of the misinformation that they published. 

If they're getting fed up of the 'fake nooz' catchphrase, they really ought to stop posting bollocks. 

I defended this guy, then he lashed out on Twitter and called one of the British divers who criticised his plan a paedo.

What a **** dickhead.

Â