Going Under ?

hippo

Just now, hippo said:

Yes - but it seems Xia is having problems with that.

I still can't decide if Xia's not got any cash to throw at it, or if he's been stopped exporting the cash by the Chinese government.

It sounds like he's been funding the wage bill to the tune of £60m a year for the last two years, and had to suddenly stop.  That's an awful lot of money.  I don't think he can be criticised for supporting the club in that way for the last two years.

It may well be that he had some kind of deal with the Chinese government that allowed him to export the £5m a month until early this year, based on the fact it would stop when we achieved promotion Now we haven't , he can't get the £5m a month out.

Either way, those kind of losses aren't sustainable with any owner.  We can't pay that wage bill until we are *in* the premier league.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I disagree. It's not prolonging the inevitable if our debts are reduced with every player that is sold and every new season that passes. It's managing debt to the point that you can rebuild without having to literally sell EVERY asset via administration.

Let's imagine the scenario that I mentioned, but we keep Elphick, a squad of the following players would be able to avoid relegation, in my opinion: Steer, Sarkic, Bree, Taylor, Elphick, New young/cheap/free CB, Bedeau, Suliman, Hourihane, Whelan, Jedinak, Doyle-Hayes, Bjarnason, Green, Adomah, O'Hare, New young/ cheap/ free winger, Davis, McCormack, and Hogan.

If it was viable we’d be looking at quite a long spell in this division at best - xia came in to get the club promoted - I don’t think he’d be into it in the long run with such problems ahead that we struggle to just stay as we are .

whatever happens xia will be gone one way or the other . 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

He is only prolonging the inevitable though for me mate and the sooner he’s out of it the better .

Totally agree - but if he has some background loan to purchase Aston Villa - he might be personally bankrupt

16 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Interesting interview on talksport just now with Simon Jordan.. Always liked him, talks a lot of sense.

Talking about Villa's situation, he clearly knows someone high up at villa but wouldn't reveal sources... Probably wyness or someone similar.

He said Villa won't be going into administration, but will need to sort out the wage bill, as we all know.

Said HMRC can be dealt with, and a threat of a winding up order was quite common and usually the first shot they use to concentrate your mind on paying ; he said they can usually be paid over a longer period once you have done a deal with them.

However he suggested we will *have* to sell at least Grealish and Kodjia - said he knew for a fact from friends within the game that people were already prepared to put in bids for them.

So looks like we will unfortunately lose those two at least, and have to rebuild from there.

Also talked about doing deals with players on large salaries to get them off the wage bill (Richards?) , as if the club did go into administration, their contracts would be voided. Also HMRC wouldn't get any cash.

I would think this is the only 'genuine' information about our current situation, as I suspect he has talked to someone at the club - maybe a way to get out some information to the fans without making a formal statement ? 

I like Simon Jordan. The stick some fans gave him last week when he intimated all was not well at Villa was poor.

However, if we are indeed losing £5m per month then surely the problems run far deeper than players wages?  If we clear all our top earners we might save what, £1m per month?...probably not even that?

Guessing at figures a bit, feel free to change....but:

Terry £60k per week £240k per month

Gabby £30k per week £120k per month

Hutton £25k per week £100k per month

Richards £25k per week £100k per month

McCormack £30k per week £120k per month

Jedinak £30k per week £120k per month

Whelan £25k per week £100k per month

Grealish £25k per week £100k per month

That's £1m saving per month......so now were only losing £4m per month....phew!

2 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

Lets be clear, O'hare is miles off where Grealish is - Talk of him being the replacement is laughable

Also has a long rehab ahead of him and we saw what happened to Gardner after a similar injury - I think we can forget o hare until November at best . 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Totally agree - but if he has some background loan to purchase Aston Villa - he might be personally bankrupt

Nothing would surprise me anymore to be honest - what a total shambles . 

40 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

Lets be clear, O'hare is miles off where Grealish is - Talk of him being the replacement is laughable

True, but I'm sure I read a post somewhere that last year we had reached 4/5 position before Grealish had even come back from injury - and Kodjia pretty much didn't play all year.

Whilst I'd hate to loose Grealish, if/when we have to it might not be the catastrophic disaster people are predicting.

We shouldn't give up before the season has started !

Edited by richp999
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, richp999 said:

I still can't decide if Xia's not got any cash to throw at it, or if he's been stopped exporting the cash by the Chinese government.

It sounds like he's been funding the wage bill to the tune of £60m a year for the last two years, and had to suddenly stop.  That's an awful lot of money.  I don't think he can be criticised for supporting the club in that way for the last two years.

It may well be that he had some kind of deal with the Chinese government that allowed him to export the £5m a month until early this year, based on the fact it would stop when we achieved promotion Now we haven't , he can't get the £5m a month out.

Either way, those kind of losses aren't sustainable with any owner.  We can't pay that wage bill until we are *in* the premier league.

Think I read last night that the chinese govt are only interested when companies are spending in excess of $300m US.

I'm not convinced his money is out of reach at all, far more likely that he has run out of money. 

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Hopefully Adama Traore will move this summer as I believe we have a sizeable percentage of transfer fee due our way.

20% - which will most likely bring in around £4m - ie. cover 1 months losses

We owe money, a lot of money, and whilst not in the PL we are not making a lot of money.

Even with slashing of the wage bill it doesn't solve the fact we still have far too many outgoings and don't generate enough income.
We are ****.

13 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I disagree. It's not prolonging the inevitable if our debts are reduced with every player that is sold and every new season that passes. It's managing debt to the point that you can rebuild without having to literally sell EVERY asset via administration.

Let's imagine the scenario that I mentioned, but we keep Elphick, a squad of the following players would be able to avoid relegation, in my opinion: Steer, Sarkic, Bree, Taylor, Elphick, New young/cheap/free CB, Bedeau, Suliman, Hourihane, Whelan, Jedinak, Doyle-Hayes, Bjarnason, Green, Adomah, O'Hare, New young/ cheap/ free winger, Davis, McCormack, and Hogan.

Whelan, Jedi and Elmo all have for sale signs on them now as well.

Will be interesting to see if the more advanced kids - Green, RHM etc decide whether to stay and take their chance to shine or to get out of this basket case of a club to somewhere where they know they'll get paid every month.  

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

I always like to hear from people like Simon Jordan. Yes, they can have some slightly bonkers opinions but they have a freshening honesty and not afraid about being sued for what they say. Like Joey Barton in that respect too.

Simon Jordan may have a source but he is wrong about the players contracts. The footballers creditors rule exists so I believe other clubs who we owe money to and players who we owe wages to get paid first before HMRC. 

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Simon Jordan may have a source but he is wrong about the players contracts. The footballers creditors rule exists so I believe other clubs who we owe money to and players who we owe wages to get paid first before HMRC. 

I think he was talking from the perspective of the club going into administration. In that case, the club/company the player has contract with is essentially bankrupt and no longer exists - thus your contract no longer exists.

Admittedly this would mean the 'old' AVFC would have to sell all of its assets to pay as many bills as possible before being sold to the 'new' AVFC for a £1.  Players like Richards would then be at the bottom of a list of creditors and likely get nothing.

Jordan has had a cub relegated and has dealt with all of these problems. A savvy businessman should be going to players like Richards and saying

'The club is likely to go into administration , in which case you get nothing for the last 12 months of your contract. If you accept £500,000 now instead of the £1.5M you would have been paid then we can avoid administration ; and £500,000 is better then £0 right?'

Edited by richp999

Â