Going Under ?

hippo

So I'm taking a deep breath and a break. My son is really getting into football so we are going to watch the world cup and enjoy it. Hopefully with England doing us proud (ha!)

My sons 7 so will be no doubt supporting the team that wins and the coolest players. I like that philosophy at the moment. Enjoyment. 

I'll always be Villa. Thought it would be hell in the championship but I've enjoyed it. 

Moreso than a couple of seasons ago when we lost 8-0 to Chelsea followed by 4-0 to Tottenham over Christmas and if I'm being honest the thought of that happening again should we have been promoted was on my mind. 

Whatever crap is going on at the moment will still happen and be resolved so I'm not going to worry. 

Of course I hope we come out of this stronger as we all deserve it. We are a giant! 

UTV. VTID. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

This is an interesting post and the point you raise about what is a football club is something I was thinking about earlier whilst out for a run.

You are right players come and go and there is little loyalty. Likewise with managers. Owners will often stay a little longer but as I have found in all of my 35 odd years following us to varying degrees they have either been out to make a few quid, feed their egos or simply incompetent.

You then come down to things like the stadium and training ground. As plenty of other clubs have shown these can be bought and sold.

For me what makes a football club is the only constant. The only thing that stays loyal. It is us the supporters. That is is the heart and soul of a football club. That passion, that love, that being willing to going through days, months, years of pain to feel those moments of ecstasy when a goal is scored, a win is secured or if your lucky enough a trophy is won. It is hard to explain to someone that doesn't share that passion but that feeling we have for our football club that lives within all of us is Aston Villa and no matter what happens, who plays for us, in whatever division we play in, that will never die.

So I think when people say we should stick together and be loyal it is simply a call to arms that as long as we do that then that heart and soul of the club remains and while there is a heart and soul there will always be an Aston Villa to support.

Maybe as supporters are what makes any club , we are actually being loyal to each other ! To my dad , my grandad , uncles present and past . Also , it helps if the club is run by Villa supporters at its heart ,,,,,whatever happened to Steve Stride who virtually ran the club in the eighties and nineties ,,,he was Villa through and through 

• Like 1

Bottom line - we need to clear debts - and spend on wages and transfer fees only what we can afford.

It will be a painful process getting there - but that is what we have to aim for now .......whoever the owner....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

He probably saw that Newcastle bet the bank on promotion and it paid off. 

I don't think they did, they took in £100m and spent £60m the year they came down. They got rid of what would have been big earners too like Collocini and Steven Taylor too. Matt Richie and Dwight Gayle were signed for £12m each which in hindsight was well spent.

1 minute ago, NFFC in peace said:

As a NFFC fan I have been reading with interest. 

We've been through the hell of an incompetent owner who loved Twitter; an 18 month embargo; selling off of our best academy prospects - Burke; Lascelles; Darlow and our better players - Assombolonga, Antonio and Lansbury (not arsed about that one) ; a conveyor belt of mediocre managers (some of whom did good jobs only to be sacked and start again); weekly winding up orders due to Kuwaiti bank holidays; No board of directors and dodgy agents advising or even running our club; an ex scoreboard operator effectively our CEO - that after a struck off cousin of a manager being our CEO; A club legend being undermined and sacked whilst in 10th place - escaping L1 by the skin of our teeth it goes on and on.

However... a new owner - (despite a shady reputation) and a new extremely well respected team of football people now in charge we seem to be being run really well - 19,000 season tickets sold; new sponsorship - new ground development - great academy players coming through and now a £15m George Mendes Portuguese wonderkid being signed we are out the other side of it.

I think you will be fine eventually but a long road ahead for you. We feel your pain.

Loved forest in the cloughie era - great football

2 minutes ago, NFFC in peace said:

As a NFFC fan I have been reading with interest. 

We've been through the hell of an incompetent owner who loved Twitter; an 18 month embargo; selling off of our best academy prospects - Burke; Lascelles; Darlow and our better players - Assombolonga, Antonio and Lansbury (not arsed about that one) ; a conveyor belt of mediocre managers (some of whom did good jobs only to be sacked and start again); weekly winding up orders due to Kuwaiti bank holidays; No board of directors and dodgy agents advising or even running our club; an ex scoreboard operator effectively our CEO - that after a struck off cousin of a manager being our CEO; A club legend being undermined and sacked whilst in 10th place - escaping L1 by the skin of our teeth it goes on and on.

However... a new owner - (despite a shady reputation) and a new extremely well respected team of football people now in charge we seem to be being run really well - 19,000 season tickets sold; new sponsorship - new ground development - great academy players coming through and now a £15m George Mendes Portuguese wonderkid being signed we are out the other side of it.

I think you will be fine eventually but a long road ahead for you. We feel your pain.

I'm glad to see things changing for Forest. Great club. 

• Like 1

You need rid of TX - a carbon copy of Fawaz - scarily so. His twitter obsession is so similar to Fawaz - ego, ego ego...

Get as much money for your players good enough for the prem - try and rid as many of the fat wallets you can (good luck with that) and invest in your quality youth. 

But as fans you will need to be behind them - forgive them for their inexperience and roar for their enthusiasm and get through the next 2 seasons. THEN GO AGAIN!!1

• Like 4

With hindsight the writting was on the wall with that half time game, where you kick the ball into the segment and win a prize. Historically it was a holiday, a 4k samsung tv - but towards the end of last season some poor fecker won a crate of a beer !!!! 

• Haha 1

Â