Going Under ?

hippo

12 minutes ago, NFFC in peace said:

? Think it gets taught as a stock answer by all in football - I didnt think you'd get the irony!

We do humour at Aston Villa 

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

We do humour at Aston Villa 

After we sell the training ground, car park, Villa Park and Jack Grealish our self deprecating sense of humour is all we'll have left. 

Edited by PompeyVillan

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

So I'm taking a deep breath and a break. My son is really getting into football so we are going to watch the world cup and enjoy it. Hopefully with England doing us proud (ha!)

My sons 7 so will be no doubt supporting the team that wins and the coolest players. I like that philosophy at the moment. Enjoyment. 

I'll always be Villa. Thought it would be hell in the championship but I've enjoyed it. 

Moreso than a couple of seasons ago when we lost 8-0 to Chelsea followed by 4-0 to Tottenham over Christmas and if I'm being honest the thought of that happening again should we have been promoted was on my mind. 

Whatever crap is going on at the moment will still happen and be resolved so I'm not going to worry. 

Of course I hope we come out of this stronger as we all deserve it. We are a giant! 

UTV. VTID. 

Don't forget the 3-0 loss to Wigan after the Tottenham game!

• Sad 2

Sounds feasible. Selling at no loss is fanciful.  Xia would do well to cut and run (sell) if preventing further loss of his money is the ultimate goal. How much longer can he plug a £5million gap every month and expect to make a return on his investment? Not to mention if administration happens he will lose everything. 

Hmmmm, 8 million quid wage bill..... That sounds high to me. If true, it is outrageous. 96m/year. Need prem money just to pay the wages?

Edited by TheStagMan

17 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Hmmmm, 8 million quid wage bill..... That sounds high to me. If true, it is outrageous. 96m/year. Need prem money just to pay the wages?

£8m / month = £2m / week = 40 players x £50k / week.

It doesn’t add up thankfully.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Don't forget the £8m is for all staff at he clubz not just the playing staff.

As I understood it we have about 200 staff, which if we take an average of £30K/year then that works out at £500K/month, lets double that to include other costs (pensions, NI etc) and we are talking £1m/month. So thats £7m month on the playing staff. I would imagine the U23s are not on much, so lets say £3k/month so 50 (wild guess) of them equivalent to 5 first teamers at £30K a month. Add that to the 30 or so first teamers we have and assume an average of £30K that's £4.5m  so £6.5m/month. Still a shitload but not £8m/month.

Works out to an annual wage bill of £78m/year which is roughly the figure on the accounts IIRC?

3 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Sounds feasible. Selling at no loss is fanciful.  Xia would do well to cut and run (sell) if preventing further loss of his money is the ultimate goal. How much longer can he plug a £5million gap every month and expect to make a return on his investment? Not to mention if administration happens he will lose everything. 

But he isnt doing that.

1, FFP doesnt allow him to inject that sort of money.

2, It doesnt tally with the accounts which show a wage bill of 61 million per year.

3, the last accounts show a loss of 15m ish and that was with a 20m net spend on players last year.

Aston Villa face bleak future as Tony Xia shortfall exposes house of cards

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/06/aston-villa-tony-xia-bleak-future

This is staggering. We are becoming more of an idea and less of a functioning football club. **** hell. We need someone with cash and enthusiasm, and quick.

Edited by maqroll

Alright everyone, sorry I have been offline a while, just gutted about the playoff final result, still next season we can... <looks up and around> 

What THE F#cks going on???? 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Rob182 said:

On his last showing, Richards is basically a League One defender. No-one is going to take on a player of his ability for the money he's on now (£40k p/w, at least) and he's not going to agree to just stop being paid by Villa.

McCormack could be sold, but because of FFP we're inexplicably better keeping him on the books and losing more money in wages than we would be to cut our losses and just sell him for a few million. FFP means that doing the latter would result in a bigger loss on our FFP accounts.

Catch 22, flogging McCormack off would immediately help the cashflow but bite us on FFP...   I understand why FFP was brought in, but in practice it doesn't translate to clubs making good business decisions

• Like 1

Aston Villa owe more than £11 million in transfer fees to fellow Sky Bet Championship clubs who, under the football creditors’ rule, are entitled to be paid before HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) or other businesses, The Times has learnt.

It is understood that Villa are due to pay the final instalments in the transfer fees of Ross McCormack and James Chester this summer, with Fulham and West Bromwich Albion owed payments of £6 million and £2 million respectively, while Brentford are owed £3 million for the transfer of Scott Hogan, with the final instalment due next January.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/aston-villa-owe-11m-in-transfer-fees-to-rival-clubs-qkbcw5csm

Â