Summer Transfers 18/19

villa4europe

Joe Hart gone to Burnley. 2 year deal.

Seems a strange move to me. I know Pope is injured but can't see Hart getting much game time ahead of Heaton and Pope (when he's fit again).

Not a bad selection of keepers for Burnley though!

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Seems a strange move to me. I know Pope is injured but can't see Hart getting much game time ahead of Heaton and Pope (when he's fit again).

He will surely be 3rd choice after Heaton and Pope. Lindegaard isn't that bad either, he kept De Gea out of a team for a spell a few years ago.

Swedish striker Isaac Kiese Thelin signed for Leverkusen from Anderlecht.

Spent last season on loan at Waasland-Beweren scoring 19 goals in the league.

Solid enough target man, will likely be a rotation player for them. Loan with option to buy.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Solid enough target man, will likely be a rotation player for them. Loan with option to buy.

He was linked to Newcastle and the fans were fuming

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Collecting England keepers.  Wonder when they'll launch a bid for Pickford?

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Collecting England keepers.  Wonder when they'll launch a bid for Pickford?

Well Hart is bound to be injured sooner rather than later...

The rest of the world must be screwing at the ridiculous money being spent in the Premier League. Apart from those clubs benefitting of course. 

How many other sides in the Europa League can spend £71m on a keeper? How many teams finishing in the bottom half can spunk over £100m a la West Ham. 

7 hours ago, sne said:

Watched him a couple of times for Sweden and actually had to check if he'd ever scored a goal, didn't look like he had a striker's instinct at all. Don't see him scoring many in the Bundesliga.

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Watched him a couple of times for Sweden and actually had to check if he'd ever scored a goal, didn't look like he had a striker's instinct at all. Don't see him scoring many in the Bundesliga.

Not what you'd call a natural finisher, but a handy enough target man and good at hold up play.

Good with his head and finished 3rd top scorer in the Belgian league with 19 goals in 30 games for the team finishing 12th out of 16 teams. Feeds off crosses.

He's brought in because Joel Pohjanpalo is out injured for a long time.

Imagine he'll be 4th or 5th choice for them but they are playing with essentially 4 attacking players. Although he'll only be in contention for the central striker position.

Edited by sne

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i see your traore to wolves and i raise you a carlos sanchez to west ham

:lol: 

Makes sense. He is highly rated in South America so Pellegrini will know about him. Plus they lost Kouyate

If nothing else this gives more fuel to the idea that we may have been poor at handling foreign and especially non English speaking players as a club over the last couple of years.

• Like 4

i think he's looked ok since he left us (as have a lot of players...) he's looked good in games for Colombia, it would be the pace of the PL that would be the main concern, decent player in there i just dont think he will ever be one in this league

Â