Summer Transfers 18/19

villa4europe

39 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Annoying how West Ham are making all these moves . Football is broken

the felipe anderson deal is impressive, fabianski is an improvement (but im surprised they didnt go for johnstone) yarmolenko did nothing at dortmund and wilshere will slip away in to obscurity from here, after that if im honest i dont know too much about diop, balbuena, xande silva

like zatman said it will be interesting to see how much these signings improve them, £100m spent but i dont see them getting top 10, still dont think they have a goalscorer

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Surprising that Higuian left Juve just because Ronaldo came in. I assumed they'd play Ronaldo at LW since their wingers aren't that impressive. 

I guess Manduzkic somehow will keep that LW spot.

Nah will be Costa -  Ronaldo- Cuadrado

Dybala

I think.

Think Higuain leaving is just Juve balancing the books as Ronaldo is huge amount for them and they also have to meet FFP.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Dybala

I think.

Think Higuain leaving is just Juve balancing the books as Ronaldo is huge amount for them and they also have to meet FFP.

Yea I forgot about the financial side of it. Dybala- Ronaldo can be deadly. Then they have extremely inconsistent wingers in costa and cuadrado. Wonder how that will work. That is arguably the weakest part of Juve's team. Their midfield and defense is pretty stacked. 

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Dybala

I think.

Mandzukic is a workhorse that he will play instead of one of Costa/Cuadrado and they will fight for same position

Douglas Costa is a very good player I think. Was Brazil's best player v Belgium and he was also great v Spurs at Wembley. I remember he started very well at Bayern before tailing off.

Cuadrado is tactically a really important player for them although guess he will play more wingback if they go with 3-5-2/3-4-3 again.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Dybala

I think.

Pretty sure there was something saying that Juve have already recouped the transfer fee they paid for Ronaldo - shirt sales and share purchases or something.  Can't remember the exact details.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Max meyers palace contract is rumoured to be £170k a week

That's the only way he's leaving the German runners-up to join Palace.

English football is **** shit, to be honest.

• Like 1

its the only reason he's joining palace thats for sure, could have stayed at schalke or had a pick of numerous better clubs if had realistic wage demands

its shit that an english club has decided to pay him but its also a young talented german player who has flirted with the national team picking money over football, will be interesting to see the german reaction to it

i would also say his 3 year contract is pretty telling as to how he views the move

Edited by villa4europe

11 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Daily Heil saying 170k

in stead of transfer fee to Schalke there'll be a sign on fee to agent and player - thought to be £14m

So if Zaha come complaining, they could still point to Meyer earning less than him. 

On 02/08/2018 at 10:08, VillaChris said:

Isn't the the transfer guru they got in from Leicester still there?

Reminds me over the fawning Carr at Newcastle got a few years back just before the awful French signings arrived....

Quite strongly suggests that scouting is extremely hard, and that luck is probably far more relevant than judgement. 

• Like 1

yeah there was some guff yesterday about both manchester clubs turning him down, in reality he's probably only cover for biscuits or playing a role that means they can break arthur in gently so £18m isn't bad business for barca either, he's an upgrade on andre gomes, they have rafinha and sergi samper back this year too

monaco player sales over the last 2 years - 

mendy, bernardo silva, bakayoko, carillo, saint-maxim, germain, diallo, dirar, jean, mbappe, lemar, fabinho, kongolo, ghezzal, meite, diakhaby, moutinho

£500m in sales...net spend of -£290m

Â