The Rebuild

omariqy

2 hours ago, John said:

On the bright side we may well still have De Laet, Lyden, Gardner, Clark and Doyle-Hayes along with a few more promising youngsters to add to those players that you have mentioned.

Sure smells like hope. Ugh, not sure I can go there, it always ends in disappointment. Then again weekend football is an excuse to drink cider. I'm in. (Monologue ends). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hughes said:

So, applying this and taking into consideration that BB and MJ seem.to be leaving AND assuming that all of JG, Chester and Kodija will be leaving we could still have a starting 11 of Steer / Bunn  - Elmo, Tuanzebe, Elphick, Hutton - Adomah, Hourihane, Lansbury, Whelan, Green - Davis/Hogan. Subs Bree, Taylor, RHM (IF he stays fit he could be sensational), O"Hare. While not creating an orgasm, and clearly lacking in depth (we will bring in one or two more loans?!) this is IMO far from a relegation team. Far from it. 

I suspect not all of Grealish, Kodjia and Chester will go. Grealish I’m resigned too but not sure about Kodjia and Chester. Kodjia we wouldn’t get the money because he was out most of last season and even if he did go, we have alternatives. Chester would be a big loss though - already lost 2 centre backs this summer! 

BB & MJ - the money for BB (if true) makes it a sensible sale. MJ, again to get off the books as I suspect it is more in the region of 40-50k a week than 26k. However would be worried getting rid of both. 

Think we will also get a few loans in, but this is a team that is at the very lowest on a par with our 1st season in the championship and they did ok. I think (hope) they will do better than most seem to be expecting...

I’d do everything we can to keep Jack. Sell Jedi Birkir Tish Gardner Ross Taylor RDL Hogan. If that’s was enough to get us through this season I’d be happy. Then we’d loan in a left footed LB Get Axel back add in 2/3 other loans and we’d be set 

• Like 4

Not sure where to put this as it’s relevent to all threads. I haven’t posted on here since the playoff final, mostly due to not knowing what to say. I’ve still been on every day as usual in the hope of some form of breaking news, to no avail. My issue is that there is no news, obviously I want to hear about us being sold, or Jack signing a new 5 year deal,  but even news in regards to which players are leaving would be enough. But it’s been absolute silence more or less, and that is the most frustrating thing. Even if the news was that we’re selling everyone, and any capable VT posters should sign up for first team duty on Monday would be enough. Some transparency is all I want, I just want to truly know where we stand so I can start gauging how I expect our season to pan out. Being left in Limbo is out of order.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Not sure where to put this as it’s relevent to all threads. I haven’t posted on here since the playoff final, mostly due to not knowing what to say. I’ve still been on every day as usual in the hope of some form of breaking news, to no avail. My issue is that there is no news, obviously I want to hear about us being sold, or Jack signing a new 5 year deal,  but even news in regards to which players are leaving would be enough. But it’s been absolute silence more or less, and that is the most frustrating thing. Even if the news was that we’re selling everyone, and any capable VT posters should sign up for first team duty on Monday would be enough. Some transparency is all I want, I just want to truly know where we stand so I can start gauging how I expect our season to pan out. Being left in Limbo is out of order.

I think the problem is Craig, that even those who should know what’s going on don’t. Xia is kidding himself if he thinks anyone will pump money in without control. He will have to sell eventually but is hanging on for a better offer. However as he gets us more buried in debt, the offers will be getting lower not higher. 

Until he sees the reality of the position he’s landed us and himself in, we’re in a state of rapidly declining limbo. 

Edited by DaveAV1

18 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think the problem is Craig, that even those who should know what’s going on don’t. Xia is kidding himself if he thinks anyone will pump money in without control. He will have to sell eventually but is hanging on for a better offer. However as he gets us more buried in debt, the offers will be getting lower not higher. 

Until he sees the reality of the position he’s landed us and himself in, we’re in a state of rapidly declining limbo. 

I do see that, I think that it’s the most frustrating thing about it. But even in regards to the offers, it’s mostly paper talk, nothing concrete. Perhaps I’m asking for too much, I’ve just found it increasingly frustrating how little we actually know for sure given how long it’s been since the season ended and how close we are to the next one. I think the big one is having an idea of how we’re gonna line up in the first game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 7392craig said:

The only updates we seem to be getting these days are about loans being taken out against more assets :(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The only updates we seem to be getting these days are about loans being taken out against more assets :(

And this is the biggest worry for me. He’s just digging a bigger hole every day. 

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This at least points us in the direction we’re going, which at least gives us an idea of where we’re gonna be come the start of the season. I’d rather the club just come out and give us a true statement as to the position we’re in. Even if it’s bad news, at least we’d know where we stand.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dn1982 said:

I’d do everything we can to keep Jack. Sell Jedi Birkir Tish Gardner Ross Taylor RDL Hogan. If that’s was enough to get us through this season I’d be happy. Then we’d loan in a left footed LB Get Axel back add in 2/3 other loans and we’d be set 

Theres an idea, we can start signing cricketers instead, they are on much lower wages 

On 12/07/2018 at 12:28, John said:

I think at present it's more a case of destroying our team rather than rebuilding it. It would be nice to think we could try to do some rebuilding in a year or so or when we have a cash injection which is much needed but presently far from likely. 

Sadly the only cash injection we can get is by getting promoted, FFP wont allow any cash injections of other sorts anymore.

18 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Jack is gone..... we are better off planning for him not being here rather than hold blond hope that he will stay. 

Put it this way if Jack does say then our financial situation would not of be fixed....

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

Sadly the only cash injection we can get is by getting promoted, FFP wont allow any cash injections of other sorts anymore.

I was thinking primarily some cash to be put into the club to help meet our running costs (rather than relying on player sales for that) but doesn't the FFP position ease a little in 12 months it won't stop us bringing in other players forever will it?

Edited by John

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Jack is gone..... we are better off planning for him not being here rather than hold blond hope that he will stay. 

Put it this way if Jack does say then our financial situation would not of be fixed....

Jack probably is gone but until he’s a actually sold we should do everything’s we can to sell the others anyway. Simply getting Jedi Birkir Hogan Lansbury Ross Richards and a few others off the wage bill would save 10-15m a year anyway without adding in any fees  we’d get. Then if we still were struggling we’d only have to sacrifice one of CHester Jack and Kodija

For me I would like us to line up in 4-3-3 With inside forwards and overlapping full backs like:

Steer

De Laet - Chester - Tuanzebe - Hutton 

Lansbury (b2b) - Bjarnsson (dm) - Hourihane (am)

Kodjia  - Davis - Green 

Subs - sarjic, bree, elphick, whelan, o-hare, adomah, hogan 

Squad players - suliman, bedeau, clark, lyden, doyle-hayes, rhm, 

Out - elmo, taylor, bunn, richards, mckormack, gardner, tshibola, grealish,

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John said:

I was thinking primarily some cash to be put into the club to help meet our running costs (rather than relying on player sales for that) but doesn't the FFP position ease a little in 12 months it won't stop us bringing in other players forever will it?

Yeah think its a 3 year running cycle, but I think next year will be the hardest as not only is it the last year of parachute payments but also the first of the 3 year cycle where no premier league money would come into the FFP books period.

Smart thing would be to get the kids involved and experienced so they are half decent players by the time our books are starting to look good again, they can then be complimented with some decent incoming transfers. Better to do that than get loans in who wont be around the following year

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

Yeah think its a 3 year running cycle, but I think next year will be the hardest as not only is it the last year of parachute payments but also the first of the 3 year cycle where no premier league money would come into the FFP books period.

Smart thing would be to get the kids involved and experienced so they are half decent players by the time our books are starting to look good again, they can then be complimented with some decent incoming transfers. Better to do that than get loans in who wont be around the following year

It would be nice to be able to offer contracts to young players that do a good job next season rather than to again need to sell to balance the books. If we could mix in some astute signings as well as you suggest then we could hope to build. I wouldn't say no to the odd loan with a view to purchases at the end of their loan periods either.

Â