What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Is that the Kenyan beer? If so, how is it?

yes, Kenyan lager.

Distinctly average to be honest, saw it on a shelf and thought I'd relive the old days. So I chilled it right down, put on flip flops and shorts, got a dose of the sh!ts and scattered insects all over the dining room.

Happy days.

Anyway, I've had enough of that for now, and have just broken into my new bottle of:

Black-Grouse-and-Box.jpg

Interesting. Never before had a blended that is so heavlily based on Islay malts.

Good? Much of an Islay fan?

Used to drink a lot of it (Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Bowmore, Ardbeg), but haven't had any for a while for some reason. The Black Grouse is a very smoky version of a blended - not sure what malts they use, but it's pretty damn nice if that's your taste (not everyone likes it, I know).

Used to drink a lot of it (Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Bowmore, Ardbeg), but haven't had any for a while for some reason. The Black Grouse is a very smoky version of a blended - not sure what malts they use, but it's pretty damn nice if that's your taste (not everyone likes it, I know).

Sounds like it may be well worth a go - as a more day to day drink given Lagavulin is over £40 a bottle now!

Blended whisky??????

Wrong. So, so, wrong.

Its got to be single malt or nothing surely?

Blended whisky is like drinking lager dash. Or cider and black.

There's just no comparison between it and single malt.

Utter nonsense. I love a good malt as much as the next man, but there is so much snobbery about it. Blended whisky has its place as a perfectly good drink, and to compare it to lager dash is ridiculous.

I'm with Mr M on this. At home at the moment I have approx 30 different malt's, so do like the stuff, but things like Grouse are a perfect drink for when the occasion fits. Things like Bells are rough and probably I would avoid, but there are some perfectly acceptable and drinkable blended

A bottle of plonk off the MD at work and a few cans of 'Bow

Then off to the folks for the holiday tomorrow where I fully expect a litre bottle of brandy off sis ;-)

Plenty of cid and vino, cant be bad.

Blended whisky??????

Wrong. So, so, wrong.

Its got to be single malt or nothing surely?

Blended whisky is like drinking lager dash. Or cider and black.

There's just no comparison between it and single malt.

Johnnie and Chivas Regal are blended whisky, nothing wrong with them!

Johnnie Blue or lager top, you decide!? haha

I'm with Mr M on this. At home at the moment I have approx 30 different malt's, so do like the stuff, but things like Grouse are a perfect drink for when the occasion fits. Things like Bells are rough and probably I would avoid, but there are some perfectly acceptable and drinkable blended

Yes, I agree.

Grouse is good. Bells is shite. All malts are better, but many of them aren't that much better that you'd pay the difference, if money is a factor in your life.

West coast malts are the tops. Islay especially. Though I can be tempted by a nice Speyside...

Yes, I agree.

Grouse is good. Bells is shite. All malts are better, but many of them aren't that much better that you'd pay the difference, if money is a factor in your life.

West coast malts are the tops. Islay especially. Though I can be tempted by a nice Speyside...

I think the world of whisky / whiskey is too broad to say malt is better or blend is better. For me, Bushmills is a classic example of this, give me their simple cheap blend any time over their over priced malts.

Jameson is another, their entry blend is way better than quite a few malts.

Somebody mentioned Lagavulin earlier. My mate thinks it's the best and is always preaching it's virtues. I personally think it tastes like bitumen and is horrid. But then I like Penderyn so what do I know.

Â