What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Anyway, I've had enough of that for now, and have just broken into my new bottle of:

Black-Grouse-and-Box.jpg

Interesting. Never before had a blended that is so heavlily based on Islay malts.

Good? Much of an Islay fan?

Used to drink a lot of it (Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Bowmore, Ardbeg), but haven't had any for a while for some reason. The Black Grouse is a very smoky version of a blended - not sure what malts they use, but it's pretty damn nice if that's your taste (not everyone likes it, I know).

Cheers, picked up a bottle over Christmas for £13, it's not bad - definately drinkable - will probably keep a bottle in.

I saw someone saying they didn't like Lagavulin and it tasted like Bitumen haha, I love it - although Islays are always going to be divisive. The funniest description of Lagavulin I saw, though I can kind of see where they are coming from a bit, is that it tastes like churches! A kind of leathery (bible) incensy hint to it.

I saw someone saying they didn't like Lagavulin and it tasted like Bitumen haha, I love it - although Islays are always going to be divisive. The funniest description of Lagavulin I saw, though I can kind of see where they are coming from a bit, is that it tastes like churches! A kind of leathery (bible) incensy hint to it.
I've heard "antiseptic bandages". :lol:

Â