What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

A real ale night this evening. Started with a Badger 'Golden Champion' and am just finishing a Wyre Piddle 'Piddle in the Hole'. Next will be a Jennings 'Sneck Lifter', providing I don't fall asleep first...

Yuengling is that big in western PA? I always had it pegged as more of a Philly/Allentown/Scranton thing.

Yeah it is kind of interesting. After Budweiser bought Rolling Rock pretty much everyone who was a Rolling Rock fan started drinking Yuengling and since then Yuengling has taken over Western PA. Especially now that Iron City has fallen on hard times Yuengling has become the beer of choice here in Western PA. It also because of the Western PA diaspora has moved into West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, Florida, and Georgia. Recently Yuengling purchased an old brewery in Memphis, TN and will soon begin to market down that way.

Yuengling is now the second largest U.S. owned brewery next to Boston Brewery.

To be completely honest, I'm not that impressed by Yuengling... which may be a problem in the future as my sister is marrying a German-descended guy from Pottsville.

(of course, Boston Beer Company does most of their brewing in Cincinnati and just outside Allentown)

Â