What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Elvis Juice is alright! I think this is kind of going back to the conversation towards the end of last week though, your standards have been set too high @Xela!

it's not the most exciting beer, but I think EJ is a fantastic gateway beer to introduce people to beers that don't just taste of... beer. It's mainstream and reasonably safe, but still quite out there compared to most stuff on the shelf at Tesco.

Go straight from lagers and a typical major brewery's IPA to the Siren sour IPA and you'll not know what the **** has hit you. :D 

Tonight I'm having a bottle of Westmalle dubbel. Safe, unremarkable, cheap, but bloody tasty.

You're right, EJ isn't too bad. I preferred their Quench Quake if i was choosing a fruity Brewdog offering. I quite like Brewdog. Back in the day when we used to go out and drink in public places called bars and pubs, the Brewdog place in Brum was one of my more frequented places. Few scoops of Dead Pony Club to take the edge off a stressful day! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I had a beautiful imperial stout at a Brewdog pub. I can't remember what it was called, because work was paying. 

Could be Cocoa Psycho?

Are there any beers out there you want to try that you haven't been able to get your hands on yet? Couple for me here for starters. 

I need to find an online merchant that has all the ones I want. 

193400.jpgtiny_rebel_stay_puft_can.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Could be Cocoa Psycho?

Yes! That's the one. It might be nice, I have no idea. 

My main memory of that trip is looking at my Maps history  the next day and seeing the 20 minute walk back to the hotel had taken me 3 and a half hours. Then having a kip in a toilet cubicle during my lunch break.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Are there any beers out there you want to try that you haven't been able to get your hands on yet? Couple for me here for starters. 

Get on the Tiny Rebel site now for the latter, added some boxes today

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Yes! That's the one. It might be nice, I have no idea. 

My main memory of that trip is looking at my Maps history  the next day and seeing the 20 minute walk back to the hotel had taken me 3 and a half hours. Then having a kip in a toilet cubicle during my lunch break.

Nothing wrong with a bit of sightseeing in the wee hours!

2 minutes ago, mole86 said:

Get on the Tiny Rebel site now for the latter, added some boxes today

I say a prayer and @mole86 answers. Like a craft beer Jesus!

Imperial variety ones

Your Pack contains:

1 x 9% Imperial Coconut Creme (330ml) 

1 x 9% Imperial Praline (330ml) 

1 x 9% Imperial Espresso Martini (330ml)

1 x 9% Waffle & Candied Bacon (330ml)

:cheers:

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I think @Xela got the last one. :( 

I didn't get it :(

I was looking at the other stuff like the rhubarb and custard sour and key lime lager and then when I went to place my order, it was sold out! 

The standard 5.2% marshmallow porter is still available though 

Bit of excitement followed by a sense of disappointment and frustration. 

Its just like the football is back.

• Haha 1

I’d been looking for that marshmallow porter since I saw you mention it in here. That was a strange coincidence, I’d literally just ordered a box when you sent that picture. Hope you managed to get some!

• Like 1

Due to Flavourly messing up and to resolve it they gave me a credit. So I have paid £6 for 18 beers. The only issue is 4 cans of this has made it in. 

FKR70Z2.jpg

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Cotteridge Wines seem to be open on reduced hours, and have the latter:

You should get yourself over there anyway, it's got the best range of stuff of anywhere I've seen in the Birmingham area.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Due to Flavourly messing up and to resolve it they gave me a credit. So I have paid £6 for 18 beers. The only issue is 4 cans of this has made it in. 

FKR70Z2.jpg

Hipster

Â