What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Cotteridge Wines seem to be open on reduced hours, and have the latter

You should get yourself over there anyway, it's got the best range of stuff of anywhere I've seen in the Birmingham area.

Its on my list to go to!  Once I have my jabs to go to south Brum i'll check it out. Wasn't it rated best beer shop in the UK by ratebeer? Some accolade! I think 2nd in the list was Stirchley Wines about half a mile down the Pershore Road. Have you been to that one? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its on my list to go to!  Once I have my jabs to go to south Brum i'll check it out. Wasn't it rated best beer shop in the UK by ratebeer? Some accolade! I think 2nd in the list was Stirchley Wines about half a mile down the Pershore Road. Have you been to that one? 

Yeah, Stirchley Wines is also really good. It's a bit smaller, and the collection is perhaps a bit less extensive, but still lots of really good stuff. I have to ration my visits to those two, cos I usually end up spending about £60 each time I go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

I can't be the only one that thinks these beers/stouts/ales are absolutely **** rank. 

Give me a good cider all day long. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I live in Herefordshire, we are all about the ciders here. Plenty of lovely tasting ciders around!

Used to be my drink of choice, then same with most alcohol I did the majority of my drinking at the football where there were plenty of bad ciders on offer and not many good ones, chemicals in a plastic cup has killed it for me, did get back in to it a bit when strongbow released cloudy apple and thatchers followed it up with haze but even that's died off now, its become the coward option when you know the session will be a bad one (dark fruits is a stag do day 2 staple) 

Need to try the new strongbow flavour and I will try a new fruit one if I see it but plain old English apple cider is done for me 

28 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I live in Herefordshire, we are all about the ciders here. Plenty of lovely tasting ciders around!

I don't think the bizarre flavours work in cider as much as beer. 

Never been a fan of Magners either. Thatchers Haze is nice though. 

You ever been to the Hereford cider and perry festival at the Hereford rowing club?

Â