What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

I know its probably mental to say but I think beer tastes better out of a can than it does a bottle. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I know its probably mental to say but I think beer tastes better out of a can than it does a bottle. 

It's all about the appropriate glassware for the style of beer. :blush:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

The polish breweries are just starting to move to canning. Not sure if it keeps IPAs fresher somehow, but I still think I’d prefer an imperial stout, say, from the bottle.

On 05/06/2020 at 19:32, villa4europe said:

Guy at the top of my road used to drink one of them whilst walking his daughter to school peaked when I stepped out my house to see him with his can and her eating raw back pudding like it was a banana, it was too early to be seeing that shit 

Sounds like a right cannibal!

On 05/06/2020 at 20:32, villa4europe said:

Guy at the top of my road used to drink one of them whilst walking his daughter to school peaked when I stepped out my house to see him with his can and her eating raw back pudding like it was a banana, it was too early to be seeing that shit 

How did I miss this post? What a hero. And we now have a crossover with the Gravy Feud thread.

• Like 1

On 05/06/2020 at 21:58, fightoffyour said:

The polish breweries are just starting to move to canning. Not sure if it keeps IPAs fresher somehow, but I still think I’d prefer an imperial stout, say, from the bottle.

Nerdy answer is that light causes the essential oils that give the ale it’s taste to degrade. Never buy ale in a clear glass bottle, it loses its quality quickly. Brown bottles are better, but modern canning techniques are better still. So your instinct is correct.

see, my brewery trips weren’t just an excuse to get lashed, they were educating too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 05/06/2020 at 21:52, Xela said:

ilana glazer GIF by Broad City

On 05/06/2020 at 21:54, Davkaus said:

It's all about the appropriate glassware for the style of beer. :blush:

My automatic response on the rare occasion someone asks what type of beer glass* I want is "whichever, it will taste the same out of either".

* I am talking about a straight glass or dimpled beer mug. If it's one of those stupid oversized wine glasses then I will choose whatever is not that obviously.  It will still taste the same but I avoid looking like a total knob. 

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Where's that?

Weźże Krafta in Dolnych Młynów, Kraków. Sadly the whole area of bars and restaurants, probably the best and least touristic part of the city (certainly on the North side of the Old Town as opposed to Kazimierz/Zabłocie in the South) is closing in September to build...flats. Though they will hopefully be able to all move en masse to a new site near Nowy Kleparz.

Edited by fightoffyour

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Weźże Krafta in Dolnych Młynów, Kraków. Sadly the whole area of bars and restaurants, probably the best and least touristic part of the city (certainly on the North side of the Old Town as opposed to Kazimierz/Zabłocie in the South) is closing in September to build...flats. Though they will hopefully be able to all move en masse to a new site near Nowy Kleparz.

Do you ever end up drinking in my neck of the woods?

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Do you ever end up drinking in my neck of the woods?

Not yet, I think I've only been through the city once changing bus to somewhere. We've considered going to OFF Festival before, not been yet. Have used the airport loads though! 😃 How is the drinking there? What about you in Krakow?

Edited by fightoffyour

A bit meh for me. Maybe a 5/10

Can't really taste the grapefruityness

brewdog_elvis.jpg?v=1553173118

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

I quite liked the elvis juice and at 6% it kicks in quite quickly.

But what do i know ? I'm a lager swilling jogging bottoms-wearing moron 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I quite liked the elvis juice and at 6% it kicks in quite quickly.

But what do i know ? I'm a lager swilling jogging bottoms-wearing moron 🤷‍♂️

Well, I didn't want to say ;) 

If you want a sour grapefruit kick then the Siren Pompelmocello is lovely, if you can find it. 

It'll take your face off. 

Siren do some cracking beers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Elvis Juice is alright! I think this is kind of going back to the conversation towards the end of last week though, your standards have been set too high @Xela!

it's not the most exciting beer, but I think EJ is a fantastic gateway beer to introduce people to beers that don't just taste of... beer. It's mainstream and reasonably safe, but still quite out there compared to most stuff on the shelf at Tesco.

Go straight from lagers and a typical major brewery's IPA to the Siren sour IPA and you'll not know what the **** has hit you. :D 

Tonight I'm having a bottle of Westmalle dubbel. Safe, unremarkable, cheap, but bloody tasty.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

Â