What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Just opened this

Different to other grapefruit beers i've had as this isn't a sour. It tastes like a grapefruit shandy

Not a bad effort but wouldn't rush to have again. 6/10

457388011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=d5cbf

@Xela these grapefruit beers you’re drinking - just wondering if any of them have grapefruit juice or rinds in or whether it’s just the hops. Or if some do some don’t, do you find them better with or without actual grapefruit?

19 hours ago, Spoony said:

@Xela these grapefruit beers you’re drinking - just wondering if any of them have grapefruit juice or rinds in or whether it’s just the hops. Or if some do some don’t, do you find them better with or without actual grapefruit?

Good question! I don't know... let me look into it and get back to you! 

Work laptop shutting down...

Opened this.

Mango and passion fruit milkshake IPA

Hmmm... jury is out. Its not bad... but not grabbing me by the bollards either. 

150749420.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20200502190

• Like 1

I've had the realisation that mine are all too special, and I need some shit beers to space out the good ones.

You can't just knock back bottles of trappist beers and imperial stouts, it's such a waste.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've had the realisation that mine are all too special, and I need some shit beers to space out the good ones.

You can't just knock back bottles of trappist beers and imperial stouts, it's such a waste.

51y4tWlwulL._AC_SY400_.jpg

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I was more thinking some Old Peculiar or something, you know, good shit beer :P

There's the undrinkable filth, then the kind of middle of the road drinkable supermarket beers that you can smash back without a care in the world, then your wanky £6 a bottle beers that need savouring.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I see! Spitfire or London Pride or Bombardier or Speckled Hen and the like. 

I remember my local Spoons used to do pints of Ruddles for £1.95. Don't think I ever had it but i'm sure its not filth. 

Edited by Xela

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's the undrinkable filth, then the kind of middle of the road drinkable supermarket beers that you can smash back without a care in the world, then your wanky £6 a bottle beers that need savouring.  

I can't do bottled beer anymore. Old Speckled Hen and Hobgoblin and the like, very bland.

Although I can drink a few Bass original, which is usually a quid a bottle. Original pale ale.

• Like 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

I can't do bottled beer anymore. Old Speckled Hen and Hobgoblin and the like, very bland.

Agreed. I've had hundreds of bottles of those over the years though, and they were my gateway from drinking shite lager to liking decent beer, so I'm grateful! 

The choice on offer in supermarkets is incredible compared to about 10 years ago though. There's still loads of shite, and they're never going to have the newest and best microbrewery type stuff, but it used to pretty much be lager, a couple of dozen interchangable "bitters", then maybe Leffe and Punk IPA. 

• Like 3

I don't mind some of the Hobgoblin offerings, but yes, the supermarkets are much better now. Morrisons seem the best from my experience. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I don't mind some of the Hobgoblin offerings, but yes, the supermarkets are much better now. Morrisons seem the best from my experience. 

yeah I was in there this morning.

Used to be an Asda shopper but as I finish work early I like to shop early. asda have decided to open an hour LATER, then give NHS priority for an hour, meaning I can't get in til 9. **** that.

Morrisons are opening an hour EARLIER at 6 for NHS meaning I can still get in at 7. Morrisons is therefore my new beer & vodka shop. Tough titty Asda.

• Like 1

I don't mind the Hobgoblin golden ale.

I'm the same as @Davkaus; I usually buy a bunch of cheaper supermarket ales that are still good to separate the really expensive ones. Good fillers IMO are most of Badger's range, anything from Innis & Gunn, some of the Purity beers etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Guy at the top of my road used to drink one of them whilst walking his daughter to school peaked when I stepped out my house to see him with his can and her eating raw back pudding like it was a banana, it was too early to be seeing that shit 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

spacer.png

Â