What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

olympic quantities of vodka and coke lined up for later, can't get started til after 9, apologies in advance circa 11:30pm

In which case I'm expecting Olympic standard satire just before midnight, Mr Chris. :D

I'm chugging through some quite pleasant red wine. Then I've got port.

I've given my organs a week off so they had better bloody perform like they're fresh back from a holiday.

• 3 weeks later...
For 9 pence more you could be drinking quality Amber!

If I knew anywhere that sold it I'd be there, dammit. Worse than that I bought some "Golden Valley" amber cider tonight from the local offie for 3 quid for 3 litres, and on checking the label it's made by Aston Manor which means I'm putting money in Ellis's pockets :x

I've never really been a drinker - the odd Budweiser is my norm.

But if you are ever in tenerife (maybe Spain in general) have a local drink called vanik Apple.

Basically an apple liquor - have it with either Lemonade or sprite with ice - it is like 60% proof pop !

Absolutely georgous in the heat, get drunk very quickly and very cheaply !.

(Smirnoff Apple is similar - on trial here at the mo. - I was told it was a girls drink - who gives a shite - it's georgeous !)

• 4 weeks later...

The Sam Adams Winter Mix Pack has come out... the big changes from previous years are that the Cranberry Lambic is retired and the White Ale and the new Chocolate Bock

Just had a Chocolate Bock, and it's kinda meh... reasonably chocolatey, but not something I'd have more than one of in a night.

Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock combines our carefully roasted malts with the robust flavor of premium dark nibs from Ecuador. We slowly age the beer over a bed of cocoa to impart bold flavors of rich chocolate and a smooth velvety finish.

Honestly, it seems a lot closer to a chocolate porter than a chocolate bock.

Moving on to the Holiday Porter, which is always (along with the Old Fezziwig) reason enough to spring for the winter mix packs.

Â