What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

That still means it's costing you £8 to get wankered while I'm doing the same for half that price.....24 cans of Strongbow for a tenner in Tescos at the moment.

Please don't sell me short. I never suggested that two bootles of wine got me wankered. :D

Only difference is you won't be pissing in the wardrobe at 5am whereas I probably will be.

And time and wind...

I can't cope with red wine though, alcohol at room temperature is just wrong.

Heathen. :winkold:

alcohol at room temperature is just wrong.

I thought you lot only drank beer when it was warm :?

Next you'll be telling me that you have attractive teeth!

Sauvignon Blanc is my preferred white grape (well, Riesling etc. are okay as well... just as long as it's not Chardofuckingnnay).

I'll ignore the first 2 comments for fear of setting the swear filters into overdrive.

With you on the last comment, I've never really given Riesling a go but maybe I should. First time I ever drank ice cold Sauvignon I was hooked in a big way though, stuck with it through thick and thin for best part of 5 years. For 'normal' consumption the Hardys one is great but the Nobilo one is exceptional.

Had a few too many vodka and lucozades last night

Lucozade more or less equals gatorade/powerade, right?

In which case, that's a lot too many (considering that those drinks generally ameliorate a hangover)!

This year's Summer Ale is just not that good (I've noticed that with the Sam Adams seasonals: they vary from year to year... the 2003 Octoberfest is excellent but they totally overhopped the 2004 edition (so much so, that it's basically receded in my mind, though I've heard excellent things about this year's))

This year's Octoberfest is better than the past few years, but still nothing to really write home about... though the more I have, the better they taste.

Might get Octoberfest as part of the autumn mix pack, depending on what else is included (if it has Latitude 48, hell yeah!).

CornishRattlerBottle-ForWeb.JPG

Not bad at all, straight real cider, 6%, sharp but smooth, recommended if not the best cider ever

into

Berry-Rattler-Bottle-e1282062535485-141x300.jpg

A 'berry cider', aka cider with berry juice in it. Still sharp and sweet, with a heavy long strawberry note that's actually slightly off putting on the end.

Here endeth my Cornish ciders.

heritageapple.gif

This cider blends Baldwin, Roxbury Russet and a mix of European cider apples. These American and European apples have long been favored for cider. The Baldwin was discovered by Leomi Baldwin as he surveyed the Middlesex Canal in eastern Massachusetts in the 1700’s. Roxbury Russet is America's first named apple variety, from the 1600’s. The European varieties, some from the distant past, add tannins to this full bodied cider.

Seriously thinking about buying tickets to the local Cider Days... it apparently includes the world's largest [hard] cider tasting, with 50 different real ciders available. The menu for the Cider Supper also looks scrumptious:

New England Mussels à la Terry

steamed with hard cider

Catamount Hill Salad

(Fall greens w/ piquant garlic vinaigrette)

Shepherd’s Pie

(Locally raised meats and root vegetables in rich gravy

under a cover of cheddar potatoes), served with applesauce

Clafoutis à la Doc

(Country pie topped with Bart’s ice cream and New Salem Orchards cider syrup)

This year's Summer Ale is just not that good (I've noticed that with the Sam Adams seasonals: they vary from year to year... the 2003 Octoberfest is excellent but they totally overhopped the 2004 edition (so much so, that it's basically receded in my mind, though I've heard excellent things about this year's))

This year's Octoberfest is better than the past few years, but still nothing to really write home about... though the more I have, the better they taste.

Might get Octoberfest as part of the autumn mix pack, depending on what else is included (if it has Latitude 48, hell yeah!).

Now that the weather has cooled off a bit since I wrote that (it was a mini-heatwave for September), the maltiness of the Octoberfest really works well. The mistake I may have made in past years was probably buying it the week it appeared when the weather was too warm and writing that year off...

Â