What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Normally I'd verge on agreeing (I do like a decent lager and I like a good cider) but it's Strongbow, it's shite.

I say that as I'm halfway down the can :oops:

Discovered they sell Amber Jack in our local outdoor by the way Rob, I may one day invest in a bottle ;)

Have the weekend off from work, so the local packaged liquor emporium has been duly visited.

Currently knocking back some

roxburyrusset.gif

(note that this is more powerful than Amber Jack; though it is also more expensive, at $11 per 750mL)

Sometime in the 1600’s, the Roxbury Russet was discovered and named after the farming town in which it was found, outside of Boston. It has the distinction of being the first named apple in this country. It was widely planted throughout New England, and still can be found. In the past we have blended Russets into our other ciders. They are excellent blending apples but we have found they make a intriguing cider by themselves. This cider is made entirely from Roxbury Russets. Nothing flashy, but a subtle and rich full-flavored cider: dry, mineral with soft tannins.

Also a 12-pack of this year's Samuel Adams Octoberfest and I managed to pick up the last 24 oz. bottle of the Noble Pils :D:):D

Pear-Rattler-Bottle-149x300.jpg

Parents brought a selection of Cornish ciders back for me, gone for the one I'm least interested in to start... 4%, 'pear cider', in fact made by simply pouring pear juice into a normal cider, not too bad but I've had far far better.

Looking forward to it's 6% straight cider big brother.

Taurus Pear Cider from Aldi's it's very nice!! Big green 2ltr bottle £1.99 ..lasts me ages!

It's 5.3% and not sweet, which I find is the problem with most Pear Cider's they're simply too sweet!

It's in a Green bottle now.

Product_detail_Wk22S14.jpg

Taurus Pear Cider from Aldi's it's very nice!! Big green 2ltr bottle £1.99 ..lasts me ages!

It's 5.3% and not sweet, which I find is the problem with most Pear Cider's they're simply too sweet!

It's in a Green bottle now.

Product_detail_Wk22S14.jpg

2 litres lasts me ages too, about 2 hours normally :oops:

Surely everything is one sure step towards the end of your life?

Degrees, dear boy, degrees. :P

(It sorts out de wheels)

You're sitting there drinking red wine so I guess we're in the same boat (HMS Suicide Mission)

That's a bloody awful pun too, no wonder you re-sized it :)

I don't often drink cider any more if I'm honest, more of a G&T man these days but Strongbow has been on offer the last few weeks and I'm skint so it's back to the tramp fuel for me for the time being :cry:

I don't often drink cider any more if I'm honest, more of a G&T man these days but Strongbow has been on offer the last few weeks and I'm skint so it's back to the tramp fuel for me for the time being :cry:

I have to say that if I drink cider I try to make sure it's decent (Aspalls/Westons or local stuff like Knights).

The red that I'm imbibing is pretty cheap (2 bottles of Hardy's VR is £8 at my local corner shop). The first bottle of red was quite nice - one on offer at the devil of Morrison.

I have to say that if I drink cider I try to make sure it's decent (Aspalls/Westons or local stuff like Knights).

The red that I'm imbibing is pretty cheap (2 bottles of Hardy's VR is £8 at my local corner shop). The first bottle of red was quite nice - one on offer at the devil of Morrison.

That still means it's costing you £8 to get wankered while I'm doing the same for half that price.....24 cans of Strongbow for a tenner in Tescos at the moment.

Only difference is you won't be pissing in the wardrobe at 5am whereas I probably will be.

When I was a wine drinker I loved Sauvignon Blanc, ice cold. I seem to recall that Hardys was pretty good, as was Nobilo. I can't cope with red wine though, alcohol at room temperature is just wrong.

alcohol at room temperature is just wrong.

I thought you lot only drank beer when it was warm :?

Next you'll be telling me that you have attractive teeth!

Sauvignon Blanc is my preferred white grape (well, Riesling etc. are okay as well... just as long as it's not Chardofuckingnnay).

Â