Sneakers

StefanAVFC

No idea if there's a topic for this but may as well start one.

Anyone into buying sneakers/trainers?

I have always rolled my eyes at it tbh. Collecting loads of shoes, spending loads of one pair.

But I have started buying a few lately and I'm hooked.

Favourite recent purchase are these:

NI112B0IQ-N12@11.jpg

Got my eyes on a couple of NBs next month and these:

pw-tennis-hu-pk-cq2631-5a9ea7b480325.jpg

Anyone else?

• Like 3

Who on this planet calls them sneakers? Isnt that a US thing? Even when I went to the states most Americans I spoke with called them tennis shoes!

On your subject I have those in maroon nice trainers in the colour brown. Not seen them.

The bottom ones each to their own but I think they are horrendous!

• Like 3

That's nice that it makes you feel good and all Stefan, but don't you think, that as you pass shop windows and you catch your cool shiny new shoes.. But as you slowly look up, you see the face of a severely fish depleted pelican, sadly "cawing" back - that it's all ultimately a pointless endeavour? 

About 3 years ago I saw a guy at work wearing jeans with trainers and it surprised me. The last people I'd seen do that was my mate's dads when they were picking them up from primary school in the 90s. It definitely seems to be back in fashion though and I've well and truly jumped firmly on to the bandwagon. Well, as much as my wages will allow. 

In the past 12 months I've bought/been bought two pairs of new nike running trainers and two pairs of causal nikes. I'd like a pair of these next...

nike-n1043.jpg   

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

About 3 years ago I saw a guy at work wearing jeans with trainers and it surprised me. The last people I'd seen do that was my mate's dads when they were picking them up from primary school in the 90s. It definitely seems to be back in fashion though and I've well and truly jumped firmly on to the bandwagon. Well, as much as my wages will allow. 

In the past 12 months I've bought/been bought two pairs of new nike running trainers and two pairs of causal nikes. I'd like a pair of these next...

nike-n1043.jpg   

I actually bought these in black/grey (I think, are they Solarsofts?)

NS412B01S-Q11@11.jpg

But I sent them back as the Nike sizes are a bit weird.

I would still probably pick them up but I have a few other pairs in my sights first.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Xann said:

A decent Robert Redford film about hackers.

There's a footnote that it's being turned into a series.

early 90's wasn't it  , wonder how it's dated in terms of technology    ... the govt snooping on people bit is kinda still relevent so they got that bit right

I have a pair of trainers somewhere, no idea where though. Last used the time I scored my one and only flying volley in a game of footy

I retired after that game (I also broke some ribs)

Now I’m a bit older I just find a pair I like from the big companies and then find a look a like that is the same quality but at a no frills brand price. Deichmann are great for me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Now I’m a bit older I just find a pair I like from the big companies and then find a look a like that is the same quality but at a no frills brand price. Deichmann are great for me. 

When i saw deichmann just from the sign I thought it was a pharmacy shop.

That shop is bloody awful

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

early 90's wasn't it...

Aye - Quite an epic cast looking back at it on IMDB.

Don't remember much of the tech, apart from them turning up the heating to confuse motion sensors :detect:

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When i saw deichmann just from the sign I thought it was a pharmacy shop.

That shop is bloody awful

Is it? It has rows of shoes laid out in a sensible fashion and at great prices? If you prefer the more chavvy JD experience where it’s like a rap video and the staff are word removed that are more interested in flirting with each other than serving customers then fair enough but when I go to a shoe shop and I want it to look like a shop that sells shoes :D

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Is it? It has rows of shoes laid out in a sensible fashion and at great prices? If you prefer the more chavvy JD experience where it’s like a rap video and the staff are word removed that are more interested in flirting with each other than serving customers then fair enough but when I go to a shoe shop and I want it to look like a shop that sells shoes :D

It looks like a warehouse and  the things they sell looks like the stuff no one wants from JD sports 

I'll stick to the chavvy jd and online stores :P (tbh I agree with you about device from jd it sucks I rarely shop there)

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Haha 1

Â