What's your accent?

StefanAVFC

After Rob posted his company's (fantastic) video in the Rogue's Gallery and graciously took a bit of a ribbing about his dulcet Brummy tones, it might be a funny idea to hear what the rest of your bar-stewards sound like:

I propose we all do the same paragraph and record it using Vocaroo

If somebody has a paragraph, please post it, or just say what you want, I don't care :D

I'll do it first if someone gives me something to say :D

Edited by StefanAVFC

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Saturday's classified results?

Beeb link

Premier League

Leicester City 1 Stoke City 1

and so on

Edit: I'm not joining in, though, for similar reasons to @sharkyvilla above. ;)

Edit 2: And I don't have a microphone on my PC.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

I hate hearing my voice recorded as well. It sounds wrong.

I've always been told I don't have much of an accent. I went to our London office recently and was speaking with someone who asked where I was from. I replied 'Birmingham'. He then said 'I mean originally'. He refused to believe I was a Brummie.

I can't get the recorder thing to work, but apparently I've lost a bit of my Brummie twang. I've picked up a lot of North East dialect, but I wouldn't say I've got a North East accent either. By all accounts I have a fairly neutral accent, unless I've spent time around other Brummies, or had a few beers.

I think the accent challenge is better. It shows how you pronounce certain words.

1. Accent challenge word list: Aunt, Envelope, Route, Theater, Caught, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Coupon, Tumblr, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, GPOY, Lawyer, Water, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Iron, Naturally, Aluminium, GIF, New Orleans, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Alabama.

2. What is it called when someone throw’s toilet paper on the house?

3. What is that bubbly carbonated drink called?

4. What term do you use for gym shoes?

5. What do you call your grandparents?

6. What do you call the thing with wheels used to carry groceries in the supermarket?

7. What do you use to change channels on TV?

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I think the accent challenge is better. It shows how you pronounce certain words.

Is that aimed at Americans? Some of the questions make no sense at all.

50 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

After Rob posted his company's (fantastic) video in the Rogue's Gallery and graciously took a bit of a ribbing about his dulcet Brummy tones, it might be a funny idea to hear what the rest of your bar-stewards sound like:

I propose we all do the same paragraph and record it using Vocaroo

If somebody has a paragraph, please post it, or just say what you want, I don't care :D

Interesting idea, although I don't think classified results are the best medium, as I can't lose the urge to sound as RP as possible like the blokes on the telly!

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Is that aimed at Americans? Some of the questions make no sense at all.

I think so. I don't get the first question, but the rest are okay. Probably because I'm Canadian, but still.

For example, we call carbonated drinks pop, not soda...to answer #3.

Â