Best British TV comedies of all time

VILLAMARV

Can anyone remember the name of that show with Linda Robson and Pauline Quirke in? 

I think the it was something to do with their husbands being in prison and them becoming friends? Lesley Joseph was in it too, played a bit of an old slapper. 

It was brilliant, but the name escapes me.....

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Can anyone remember the name of that show with Linda Robson and Pauline Quirke in? 

I think the it was something to do with their husbands being in prison and them becoming friends? Lesley Joseph was in it too, played a bit of an old slapper. 

Charlies Angels

28 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Nah. I'm sure they're good (I did like Father Ted), but it just seems like a waste of time watching TV comedy. 

That just seems such a strange way to look at things!  The best thing about decent comedies is that they're usually only between 20 and 30 minutes long and they cheer you up in no time.

28 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Hale and Pace.

• Haha 1

I loved “men behaving badly” and still think it holds up (mostly).

Most of the my top sitcoms have been mentioned (personal choice - Peep Show, probably, followed by Blackadder and The Thick of It).

A few that aren’t quite top ten stuff, but are very good and maybe have been overlooked -

Ever decreasing circles

Green Wing (particularly the first series)

Marion & Geoff

The Royle Family (series 1-3)

Also I only watched a few of episodes, but what I saw of “Catastrophe” seemed very good.

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Also a big fan of Phoenix Nights. Not an all time great but very good. 

Also, the spin off - Max and Paddy; some classic quotes and scenes in that prog !

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Xela said:

One of my childhood favourites

tve18540-16-256.jpg

Still love it now, especially the ones with Angus Deayton as the neighbour.

Went to some dark places too, suicide, abuse of the elderly. Tragic in places but always seemed to find a laugh along the way.

Well up there in the discussion for me

Edited by VILLAMARV
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Last of the Summer Rosé.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Risso said:

My true list would be, in order:

The Office - simply the most wonderfully observed humour ever

I’m Alan Partridge - painfully funny all the way through. So many classic bits, Inner City Sumo, the crazed stalker, the Castrol GTX jacket at the funeral

The Inbetweeners - the bit with Simon’s nut sack poking out at the fashion show - I actually nearly choked laughing.

The Fast Show - utterly brilliant 99% of the time.

Why me n' Risso are mates ^^^

maxresdefault.jpg

40 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I loved “men behaving badly” and still think it holds up (mostly)..

I still snigger more than I should at the scene where you can here Tony shagging in the background and he shouts out “Bananarma” as he finishes ...

not watched it for years but I’d guess it would still stand up , laddish behaviour is timeless after all 

• Like 1

Â