January Transfers

villa4europe

4 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

They have also bid 50m for Mahrez apparenty, Looks like they are trying to spend all their money before the new FFP crap comes in.

no idea why we are so desperate to get back into this insane league

Don't understand how they can baulk at 25-30m for Alexis and then bid 50m for Mahrez.

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Don't understand how they can baulk at 25-30m for Alexis and then bid 50m for Mahrez.

Then another £25m signing on fee, then best paid player status at the club. 

I can understand why they decided against Alexis, no idea why they are looking at Mahrez. 

There’s gonna be some mental transfer tomorrow, don’t think it’s Mahrez, but some epic panic buy.

Maybe Andy Carroll for £90m (if he’s not injured?) or something else utterly ridiculous.

Any guesses?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s gonna be some mental transfer tomorrow, don’t think it’s Mahrez, but some epic panic buy.

Maybe Andy Carroll for £90m (if he’s not injured?) or something else utterly ridiculous.

Any guesses?

somebody will double swoop for Gabby and Micah?

• Like 2

the Arsenal - Chelsea - Dortmund Mexican stand off could be mad or at least sky will eat out on it all day, can't see Arsenal buying no one but it would be brilliant, so would Chelsea signing some shit and conte losing his

lucas moura to Spurs is all about the fee, he cant get a sniff at psg but will be made out to be a world beater and amazing business 

mahrez will be another all day "exciting" one but my bet for a shocker - Troy deeney going somewhere like West Ham or stoke maybe even Everton for around £20m

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Mahrez will be demanding 150k + though. He's probably on 100k at Leicester and if he's valued at 50m he'll want wages reflecting that.

150k a week is cheap by modern players wage standards. Sanchez is getting three or four times that. 

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Giroud to Chelsea is a good move. 

Always has a knack of scoring 

I bet hes laughing his bollocks off, from being almost sold to Everton in the summer, sitting on the bench and not wanted at arsenal to go to chelsea and sit on bench but with a better chance of winning trophies. And 100k a week to soften the blow. 

• Like 1

might be me but it seems like there a fair few players mutually terminating their contracts or being allowed to leave for £0 this window

sergio gomez - dortmund (scored 2 vs england in the U17 WC, joins pulisic, sancho, zagadou, isak , dahoud, weigl, toljan, phillip, akanji dortmund are getting younger)

ali gabr - baggies (loan)

debuchy - st etienne 

sandro - malaga (loan)

pantilimon - forest (loan)

didier ndong - watford (loan from sunderland??)

alex song - free

demba ba - goztepe

martin dubravka - newcastle

pazzini - levante

pol lirola - sassulo

nagatomo - galatasaray

samir nasri - free

eto'o - konyaspor

bartra - betis

paletta - free

yossi benayoun - petah tivka

jose antonio reyes - cordoba

musa - cska (loan)

deulofeu - watford (loan)

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

I bet hes laughing his bollocks off, from being almost sold to Everton in the summer, sitting on the bench and not wanted at arsenal to go to chelsea and sit on bench but with a better chance of winning trophies. And 100k a week to soften the blow. 

Morata has been so shite that he might find himself starting

23 hours ago, Genie said:

Then another £25m signing on fee, then best paid player status at the club. 

I can understand why they decided against Alexis, no idea why they are looking at Mahrez. 

Are you kidding me? Mahrez is a superb player. I can't believe he is still at Leicester. He just skips past people like they are not there.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Morata has been so shite that he might find himself starting

Morata looks like Torres at Chelsea, gets into the right positions but looks completely shot of confidence in front of goal.

Â