January Transfers

villa4europe

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Arda Turan back to Turkey and Istanbul Basaksehir. 2.5 season loan.

What an utterly terrible signing for Barca he turned out to be. £35 m and a hefty salary spent on a guy who only started about 20 games for them.

Coutinho to take that role ;)

Lukaku has leaked that Sanchez to Utd is done, surprised by it, on one hand I didn't think city actually needed him but him going to Utd seems like it's an even more money move

not sure what Arsenal do, throw money about (Malcolm or back in for Lemar) or wait for wenger to go in the summer, mess of a club

It'll be down to the fact United will throw more money at Sanchez and pay his agents insane demands (£5m fee by all accounts)

If Sanchez was more concerned about football he'd join Citeh. 

35 minutes ago, Xela said:

It'll be down to the fact United will throw more money at Sanchez and pay his agents insane demands (£5m fee by all accounts)

If Sanchez was more concerned about football he'd join Citeh. 

maybe he feels City dont want him that badly if wont stump up the extra 10 million or so which is loose change to them

2nd player after Alves in 6 months or so that City thought they had but have had taked from under the nose

Just now, Zatman said:

maybe he feels City dont want him that badly if wont stump up the extra 10 million or so which is loose change to them

2nd player after Alves in 6 months or so that City thought they had but have had taked from under the nose

Maybe, but they were going to spend £60m on him in the summer until the deal was pulled. 

I think its more about greed. Plus desperation on Man Utd's side. 

9 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

They've waited way too long to get rid of Wenger. The last straw should have been losing the prem to Leicester. Some FA Cup wins against shit opposition (Yes unfortunately us incuded) doesn't paper over the cracks. 

Saw something last week saying that apparently the club looked at fergie leaving Utd and didn't like it so they've kept him for 2/3 years longer than they should have done but restructured behind the scenes so that him leaving doesn't impact the club as badly as it could have done

all that's wasted now because of how far they've slipped

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Maybe, but they were going to spend £60m on him in the summer until the deal was pulled. 

I think its more about greed. Plus desperation on Man Utd's side. 

I think he is missing out on a monster of a signing on fee if he went on a Bosman

How much of the Sanchez transfer is motivated by a “we just don’t want them lot to have him” thought process, as opposed to whether the transfer makes sense?

I obviously rate Sánchez, but for whatever reason it doesn’t seem like a proper fit to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

How much of the Sanchez transfer is motivated by a “we just don’t want them lot to have him” thought process, as opposed to whether the transfer makes sense?

I obviously rate Sánchez, but for whatever reason it doesn’t seem like a proper fit to me.

Yes a very bizarre one and I would never of had him down going to Utd.

I find it quite rich and hilarious that "Sanchez to Man Utd is all about the money" and now suddenly a move to City would be about the football and nothing else. Come on, City is all about the money and they are built on lottery money - they are only great because they could literally buy talent like Sanchez because of just money. I do agree City have a better team right now and play excellent football, but United are in fact second in the Premier League and only a few players away from being a great team. Especially funny to read all the tweets from Ballague, he is seriously hurt about the fact of Pep losing out on a target. Pathetic from a grown man trying to act as an objective journalist and expert, when in fact he is the complete opposite.

Sanchez to United, if it happens, is not only about who is paying the most money - there are probably several other reasons. Perhaps City would have to increase the wages for several other players to be able to give him what he deserves (seeing him walking out of a contract with all the benefits that follows for said player). I would not be surprised if some of their players have that "top earner"-clause in their contracts, such as Silva, Aguero, even Toure, de Bruyne and forth. Say what you want about United, but they are getting a world-class player to make them more exciting again and they are using their own money - this would only benefit the league in the coming years. Seeing City winning 33+ games every season without competition would be boring.

Aubameyang rumored to be going to Arsenal. Hmm.. strange move? They already have Lacazette and they surely wouldn't field both at the same time would they? Aubameyang is awesome, they should have gone for him in the summer instead of Lacazette, the same probably goes for Chelsea and United when it comes to output for their strikers.

On 1/14/2018 at 22:46, Zatman said:

I think he is missing out on a monster of a signing on fee if he went on a Bosman

If the figures reported on Monday Night Football are correct he's doing alright by this move. 300K + a week, around 1 million a month, 12 million a year. The lad won't be in the poorhouse.

he'll become the 4th highest player in the world according to some this morning, city want him but wont pay him more than some of their other players especially de bruyne (for some reason im under the impression city restructured their contracts meaning they arent massive weekly wage payers (:lol:) but have highly incentivised contracts) 

but its definitely not about money...

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

for some reason im under the impression city restructured their contracts meaning they arent massive weekly wage payers (:lol:) but have highly incentivised contracts) 

Liverpool do this as well. It means you are paying out good money to the players who are contributing to your team and not half as much to the Richards, N'Zogbia's, Gabby's etc. It a very sensible approach and I'm surprised most teams don't do it. 

10 minutes ago, sne said:

So Walcott to Everton for £ 20 m.

Might be worth the gamble, but it's a lot for a 28 y.o permanently injured one trick pony who can't shoot.

Sadly it's probably the going rate for someone like Walcott and that's before you take on his 120K a week salary. The game's gone.

• Like 1

Â