January Transfers

villa4europe

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea want Crouch now as Carroll deal fell through

I cant believe Conte is in on these deals

I honestly it was a joke from Stoke when i first read about this!

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea want Crouch now as Carroll deal fell through

I cant believe Conte is in on these deals

I always feel any Chelsea success is in spite of how they operate e.g. they've never gone on to win back to back leagues since the Mourinho first spell and they tend to fall away after winning the league.

Conte did point out the squad was too small in pre season so really don't think he'll be there next season.

Chelsea have made some very bizarre signings last 10 years but they can sort of dismiss it as their core players have been so good. 

Just now, Xela said:

Sanchez does come across as a mercenary. 

All players go to the team that pays them the most money. It's not anything strange and I don't really see why they get called mercenaries. It's just capitalism at work. The 'i want to play in the champions league' shite that players come out with is just code for I want more money. 

Just now, villa89 said:

All players go to the team that pays them the most money. It's not anything strange and I don't really see why they get called mercenaries. It's just capitalism at work. The 'i want to play in the champions league' shite that players come out with is just code for I want more money. 

Not all players. Terry was offered more at Blues than at Villa. Rooney took a 50% pay-cut to leave Man Utd. 

At the level they operate it can't make any difference. Sanchez would have earned £250k-£300k per week at Man City or £400k at Man Utd. What can't you afford at £300k a week that you can at £400k a week? Citeh would have been a far better fit for him IMO. Given the choice of career v money, he's chosen the latter. Not saying its wrong,  just stating my opinion. 

You always get the usual argument that if you were offered a job elsewhere with more money you'd take it, but its a far greater difference at normal levels than footballer levers. If i was earning £75k a year somewhere and another place offered me £100k i'd move as it makes a huge impact at that level. The material difference between £15m a year and £20m a year can't be that big. Its just money for monies sake. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Not all players. Terry was offered more at Blues than at Villa. Rooney took a 50% pay-cut to leave Man Utd. 

At the level they operate it can't make any difference. Sanchez would have earned £250k-£300k per week at Man City or £400k at Man Utd. What can't you afford at £300k a week that you can at £400k a week? Citeh would have been a far better fit for him IMO. Given the choice of career v money, he's chosen the latter. Not saying its wrong,  just stating my opinion. 

You always get the usual argument that if you were offered a job elsewhere with more money you'd take it, but its a far greater difference at normal levels than footballer levers. If i was earning £75k a year somewhere and another place offered me £100k i'd move as it makes a huge impact at that level. The material difference between £15m a year and £20m a year can't be that big. Its just money for monies sake. 

Your initial examples (IMO) are not very good if you take age and form in to account as well as other factors, but in essance I agree Shanchez would be a better fit at MC than MU and he has chased the money which in this day and age of football dosen’t make any difference compared to the real world

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I always feel any Chelsea success is in spite of how they operate e.g. they've never gone on to win back to back leagues since the Mourinho first spell and they tend to fall away after winning the league.

Conte did point out the squad was too small in pre season so really don't think he'll be there next season.

Chelsea have made some very bizarre signings last 10 years but they can sort of dismiss it as their core players have been so good. 

I thought was the Emanelo guy causing the problems but think he left. Djilibodji the most farcical of all

On 19/01/2018 at 18:55, Xela said:

The rumoured Sanchez wages are insane. Man Utd are desperate. 

Sanchez does come across as a mercenary. 

Correct.

He has now asserted himself in the same league when it comes to mercenaries.

Taking nothing away from Sanchez's ability, but I feel this move to Man Utd could pose more harm than good.

Man City played a wise move by chasing him away imo

Edited by AvfcRigo82

This isn't shady at all...

9 Saudi players have been signed for free by 7 Spanish clubs who wont even have to pay them wages thanks to a deal between La Liga and the Saudi government.

The aim is for the players to get experience before the WC, and for La Liga to gain exposure in the region. But it does raise a few questions.

Who owns the players, are they slaves? State property? Is this 3rd party ownership and if so allowed? 

802df098-9d8f-4050-b116-7c5709ce3cdd?fit=crop&h=371&w=660&s=7097145706db9772fe55dcebc7adb96a6b346d01

5 minutes ago, sne said:

This isn't shady at all...

9 Saudi players have been signed for free by 7 Spanish clubs who wont even have to pay them wages thanks to a deal between La Liga and the Saudi government.

The aim is for the players to get experience before the WC, and for La Liga to gain exposure in the region. But it does raise a few questions.

Who owns the players, are they slaves? State property? Is this 3rd party ownership and if so allowed? 

Will they all be put on the Spanish "strength and conditioning" program ahead of the world cup? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Will they all be put on the Spanish "strength and conditioning" program ahead of the world cup? 

Haha yeah, wouldn't surprise we one bit.

Kinda like when European hockey players sign for teams in the NHL and suddenly 1 pre-season later they have gained 15 kilos of muscle 

"Super" Mario Balotelli to Juventus on a free in the summer according to (yeas I know, The Sun)

TBF Juventus have been very good when picking up Bosmans, but Balotelli?

Gutsy move if true.

Robinho, recently convicted to 9 years in prison for rape in Italy has signed for Turkish side Sivasspor.

Gotta love Turkey, such a nice country. Guess they don't have an extradition treaty with Italy?

Â