January Transfers

villa4europe

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Morata has been so shite that he might find himself starting

he has been poor recently and shot confidence wise but his  league record is better than Lukaku who cost more and gets less criticism

57 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

leicester loaned out ulloa, musa, slimani and on the brink of loaning out king

Where's Andy King going, he'd be a good pick up for a championship club. Scores quite often.

Leicester just had too many strikers on the books, Vardy is always number one, they need to see more from Iheanacho given what they paid, Okazaki is a good squad striker and the new one scored twice at the weekend so that is enough for last 12 games.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Where's Andy King going, he'd be a good pick up for a championship club. Scores quite often.

Leicester just had too many strikers on the books, Vardy is always number one, they need to see more from Iheanacho given what they paid, Okazaki is a good squad striker and the new one scored twice at the weekend so that is enough for last 12 games.

Swansea according to Sky

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Andy King has gone to Swansea, Slimani to Newcastle.

Swansea had a good window, Andre Ayew was great there before and will surely be more motivated playing with his brother.

I'm amazed Stoke haven't signed a striker btw, they were back to being toothless tonight and Lambert effect is now starting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Fulham signing mitrovich is a bit of a coup for them. Always rated him.

I've never been convinced to be honest, either by his application and/or temperament on the pitch. 

I'm not sure he'd be the right influence in the dressing room either.

Pleased we didn't go in for him. 

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

markovic - anderlecht (loan)

badou ndiaye - stoke

carlos sanchez - espanyol (loan)

ademola lookman - red bull leipzig (loan) allardyce slaughtered him for wanting to go to germany

That's because Fat Sam is a dinosaur. Young English players going abroad will only be good for the national team. Great move for the lad.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So Man City came back with an offer of £55m bid (which also included a player in the deal) for Marhrez. 

Leicester said no, they wanted £95m!

I mean seriously??  He is worth nowhere near that amount of money.

He's a key player for them, was an absolute star in their league winning season, and they had no time to replace him, plus Man City are one of the very richest clubs in the world, can't blame them. 

In a world where an average centre half like Van Dijk is worth £75m Mahrez is worth a lot more than that. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's a key player for them, was an absolute star in their league winning season, and they had no time to replace him, plus Man City are one of the very richest clubs in the world, can't blame them. 

In a world where an average centre half like Van Dijk is worth £75m Mahrez is worth a lot more than that. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He is worth that if Van Dijk is worth 75million plus Leicester had zero time to replace him

True, but we all know Van Dyke is not worth anywhere near £75m

The television money for me has sent things stupid.

We are seeing players who would have normally gone for £15m, £20m, £30m tops going for fees of £50m, £75m and now one at £95m quoted value.

Absolutely f***in nuts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

That's because Fat Sam is a dinosaur. Young English players going abroad will only be good for the national team. Great move for the lad.

but RBL wont toughen him up which is what all young footballers need...

12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So Man City came back with an offer of £55m bid (which also included a player in the deal) for Marhrez. 

Leicester said no, they wanted £95m!

I mean seriously??  He is worth nowhere near that amount of money.

I praise Leicester for how tough they are being here. They lost Kante due to a low release clause. They are making sure they don't do that again. They also want to get a Europa league spot, so they need their best players. They won't be bullied by City.

If City really wanted Mahrez, they could have come in days prior and actually given Leicester time to find a replacement. It's no surprise Leicester put that huge price tag on him considering how late that bid came in and how critical Mahrez is to that team.

It's like Wolves coming in for Grealish on the last day and saying here is 10 million. We won't say 15 is fine. We'd probably say give us 25-30 million because losing Grealish could very well cost us promotion. 

• Like 3

Â