Pre match chat

roonst83

15 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

Front 4? I salute your cup half full approach, sir!

To be fair mate I'm part of the 'Bruce out brigade' so my glass is normally 3/4's empty with everything lately, but i think this line-up could work. 

Maybe thats just down to all the xmas alcohol still in my system :P

With hogan on his own we won't be seeing much of the ball. 

It's set up to counter attack and not try to control the game. Not the way i want us to play with aspirations of promotion but being effective and getting 3 points is all that matters. 

32 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Playing Hogan up front on his own should be a sack-able offence. Has Bruce not learnt his lesson? Especially when we have his perfect striking partner in Davis on the bench. 

Yep and you know EXACTLY what he will do if we are losing and chasing the game. Take off Hogan and bring on Davis resulting in no change to the game whatsoever.  

Posted earlier asking whether he would play both Whelan and Jedi in midfield as i just knew he would.

Two of the worst midfielders I've seen playing for Villa and he pairs them together.

Interested to see how this works out?

I hope this works, but I feel Hogan will be cut adrift within the opening 5-10 minutes and midfield will spend all game hoofing it to him. 

Or best case scenario is we start on the front foot and play fast passing football for 20 minutes, maybe score a goal, realise its working and go back to hoofball for the remaining 60 minutes. 

Either way I see us being frustrated and disappointed tonight.  

52 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I think Jedi & Whelan in a 4231 is a good idea especially with Terry out. I just wonder if they can play their 2nd 90 mins in 3 days.

You can just hear his post match comments already. 

"I made a mistake in playing Jedi and Whelan.  They weren't able to play their 2nd 90 mins in 3 days.

That line up is shit!

Elphick is a total liability and hasn't looked arsed when he has played lately.

The midfield had about as much pace as the occupants in the care home around the corner from me and Scott Hogan is one of the most useless forwards I have seen in recent years.

We will get played off the park, watch us whack long balls to Hogan all night :bang: