Pre match chat

roonst83

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm curious if there's anyone on the forum who thinks we will win this?

Not that we could win this - obviously that's true - but that is really feeling confident that we will win. 

Might be a Brentford fan lurking on here who will think that.

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm curious if there's anyone on the forum who thinks we will win this?

Not that we could win this - obviously that's true - but that is really feeling confident that we will win. 

For the last couple of months Cardiff and Wolves have been in every accumulator. They haven't won every game of course, but i felt they would. 

I've not felt like that with villa for months. 

I think Jedi & Whelan in a 4231 is a good idea especially with Terry out. I just wonder if they can play their 2nd 90 mins in 3 days.

I would like to know why COH isn't even making the bench. Or McGirdy for that matter - we do have an striker injury crisis FFS

Edited by TheAuthority

On 12/18/2017 at 02:05, OutByEaster? said:

They've dropped off in a similar way to us - home advantage might carry us through.

I'd go:

-------------------------Johnstone--------------------

Hutton------Chester--------Elphick----Taylor

------------------Whelan      Jedi--------------------

-----------------------Grealish--------------------------

Snodgrass--------------------------------Adomah

---------------------------Hogan---------------------------

And I really wish Terry was fit for this one.

My team suggestion for the Sheffield game. Hmmmmm!

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

I think Jedi & Whelan in a 4231 is a good idea especially with Terry out. I just wonder if they can play their 2nd 90 mins in 3 days.

I would like to know why COH isn't even making the bench. Or McGirdy for that matter - we do have an striker injury crisis FFS

I think it should make us more solid especially with the bomb scare in central defence.

It is down to our front 3 now to do the business and provide the bullets,  they certainly have the defensive cover behind them. No excuses.

• Like 1

The back four is fine. 

I'm not sure about Whelan and Jedinak both playing and it leaves Grealish with an awful lot of ground to cover - those two will be ten yards outside our box and Grealish will be covering everything from there to the opposition penalty spot. Still, it might work for us on the break.

I think that's a pretty handy line up for this game, and Whelan with Jedi gives more freedom to the wide players and Grealish.

The subs bench seems to be missing a young striker and possibly Lansbury.  Wonder if the rumours are true that he's off in January?

I've backed Brentford to win by 2 goals, so that might make the difference in seeing us get 3 points.

• Like 1