Match Thread: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

TBH he's a garbage player, an absolute non-entity for the most part.

6 goals and 11 assists in 25 games for Barnsley last season, comes to play under Bruce (who plays him as a holding midfielder) and he looks rubbish. 

The one game for us he was played further up the pitch he scored a hatrick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KJT123 said:

Completely disagree with you there. His current role makes him look ineffectual. To get the best out of him, you need to be playing him so he's picking up the ball just outside the penalty area.

He lacks pace and has no forward pass in him, he's extremely ineffective. I take your point that he has a good shot but he lacks too many things to ever be key for us.

Just now, andym said:

6 goals and 11 assists in 25 games for Barnsley last season, comes to play under Bruce (who plays him as a holding midfielder) and he looks rubbish. 

The one game for us he was played further up the pitch he scored a hatrick.

He's had more than one game where he has played further up. For me he's just poor for the most part. Of course doesn't help that he plays for an utter clown for a manager.

Another game where i can't work out the shape of the team or what they are meant to be doing. 

Yet again it appears Bruce has just thrown 11 players onto the pitch and told them to work it out for themselves

• Like 1