Match Thread: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wow, VT is going all in on the club at 2-2 HT score line :lol: 

If we were comfortably on second place in the league, then 2-2 at half-time after being 2-0 up would be fine. 

When we need to win 8 games in a row to catch second place, and we're playing an absolute MUST WIN game, then 2-2 at half-time (after being 2-0 up) is a bit of a disaster (so far).

Edited by ender4

Just now, Keyblade said:

It's really not.

Of course it would, a very local group of supporters have wanted Bruce gone from very early on, and why not because were so good at hiring managers who take us forward. Every win really does damage their credibility as football geniuses.

Just now, ender4 said:

If we were comfortably on second place in the league, then 2-2 at half-time after being 2-0 up would be fine. 

When we need to win 8 games in a row to catch second place, and we're playing an absolute MUST WIN game, then 2-2 at half-time (when being 2-0 up) is a bit of a disaster.

I didn’t realise we had to win 8 in a row, my mistake. I didn’t realise we get nothing for a draw or we’re not allowed to play for the win in the second half of the game.

Im feeling a bit silly now.

Just now, Genie said:

I didn’t realise we had to win 8 in a row, my mistake. I didn’t realise we get nothing for a draw or we’re not allowed to play for the win in the second half of the game.

Im feeling a bit silly now.

Glad to help.  

yep, 8 wins in a row required to catch Cardiff (or a collapse by them).

A draw is as bad as a loss in our position.