NBA

maqroll

5 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

So pleased for you guys! Hope you go for Cade or Suggs. 

Podcasts I've listened to today said Detroit is open to trading down - surely not?! 

Which pods are those out of interest?

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Hoop Collective, The Real Ones, The Mismatch, The Low Post, The Bill Simmonds Podcast.

I used to listen to Lowe and Simmons.

I imagine we’ll be open to offers but unless it’s incredible I hope we keep the pick. Weaver does seem like an active GM.

Been a long time since we’ve had a genuine superstar. Hopefully we can develop one through the Draft.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2021 at 16:16, Don_Simon said:

So pleased for you guys! Hope you go for Cade or Suggs. 

Podcasts I've listened to today said Detroit is open to trading down - surely not?! 

We won't trade down.  The last time we had a pick this high we fooked it up by taking Darko Milicic over Dwane Wade, Chris Bosh, and Carmelo Anthony.  Troy Weaver knows this and the city is desperate for another  superstar.  

Detroit are treated by the American press worse than Villa are by the English one. "Detroit Against Everyone" is real.  Just watch...  Now that the Pistons have the #1 pick, stories about Cade "not being happy" about Detroit will surface (even though there was a video of him and his entourage celebrating after the lottery), pundits will start questioning his ability (even though he's been the consensus number 1 pick by everyone for the past year), and will start speculating for trades (which would be stupid and wouldn't be worth the conversation if a media darling team won the lottery).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/06/2021 at 11:19, Brumerican said:

My word... Everybody forgot about Trae.  

I love Trae Young...  He's embracing his role as a villain, which I love to see in the NBA.  Destroyed the Knicks in MSG, made a complete joke out of "The Process" in Philly, and he's had a few good showings against he Bucks.  I don't think Atlanta are going to be able to beat the Bucks in the East, but Trae is starting to look like a potential superstar to continue to build around in ATL.  

These playoffs have been awesome.  Watching the Suns annihilate everyone out West, the Bucks overcome the bullshit Nets superteam, and Trae Young's rise to the challenge in the East has been some of the most fun I've had watching the NBA playoffs in a long time.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KMitch said:

We won't trade down.  The last time we had a pick this high we fooked it up by taking Darko Milicic over Dwane Wade, Chris Bosh, and Carmelo Anthony.  Troy Weaver knows this and the city is desperate for another  superstar.  

Detroit are treated by the American press worse than Villa are by the English one. "Detroit Against Everyone" is real.  Just watch...  Now that the Pistons have the #1 pick, stories about Cade "not being happy" about Detroit will surface (even though there was a video of him and his entourage celebrating after the lottery), pundits will start questioning his ability (even though he's been the consensus number 1 pick by everyone for the past year), and will start speculating for trades (which would be stupid and wouldn't be worth the conversation if a media darling team won the lottery).  

I'd love to see them add a potential superstar to the already strong stable of players. I'd love to see Killian Hayes prove the doubters wrong too!

Trading down would be nonsense at #1. Wouldn't be surprised to see The Cavs trade down, and / or The Warriors use their picks and Wiseman for a sneaky Beal or Dame trade. Its going to be an interesting off-season for sure!

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Giannis Antetokounmpo back in and starting the first of the Championship games.

How do you get to be the best player in the game and still be so bad from the free throw line?

It becomes psychological.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

How do you get to be the best player in the game and still be so bad from the free throw line?

He ain't better than Durant (IMO) but you'd be surprised how many great players struggle with FT's . 

Even Lebron can look like an amateur at them and he actively avoids going to the basket late in games because of it. 

Shaq used to throw airballs on the regular too.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

He ain't better than Durant (IMO) but you'd be surprised how many great players struggle with FT's . 

Even Lebron can look like an amateur at them and he actively avoids going to the basket late in games because of it. 

Shaq used to throw airballs on the regular too.

More on your point @OutByEaster?, Giannis is one of the best players in the league but shooting his not a strength of his, well his jump shot at least. The majority of his points come from finishing in or around the rim due to his size & athleticism. 

If anything, opponents want him settling for jump shots. Unlike Durant who has nearly unstoppable size as well as a deadly jumper, making him one of, if not, the most dangerous offensive player in the game. 

Add in the factor of the free throw line being "the loneliest place on earth", it can really find players out during the playoffs, even superstars (like @Brumerican has mentioned). Another case in point being my countryman Ben Simmons 😞   

Edited by Hornso

On 07/07/2021 at 02:14, OutByEaster? said:

His free throw technique is horrendous. I'm not sure how he wasn't coached to take one properly.

Â