NBA

maqroll

4 hours ago, Brumerican said:

What a game that was. Bucks were fantastic.

Brilliant wasn't it? The number of times the lead changed was incredible - and then the shot right at the end of regular time pushed the momentum the Nets way and the Bucks didn't score for three and a half minutes of the overtime and I think most people thought it was all over for Milwaukee, I certainly did - it had more twists than a pigs tail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

Commiserations @Don_Simon. I’m sure if you can keep KD, Harden & Kyrie healthy for the playoffs next season the league will be at your mercy.

Hoping for a Suns v Bucks Finals.

I'm hoping for that too. Suns is my team, Every time I remember 2005 or 2010, I get gutted about how we lost that. After this long time, hopefully we can win it. For Bucks, it's been my second team since Wes Edens bought Aston Villa.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hornso said:

Commiserations @Don_Simon. I’m sure if you can keep KD, Harden & Kyrie healthy for the playoffs next season the league will be at your mercy.

Hoping for a Suns v Bucks Finals.

Cheers @hornso. My son and I stayed up and watched the game, finishing at 0545! The game was lost in James Harden being too laissez faire with the ball and Joe "Joey Buckets" being utterly abysmal from three. I think this did evidence that if healthy, the Nets would have won the Championship this year, but all teams have had health issues. Next year is the one!

Really pleased for the Bucks though. Obviously the Villa connection is great, but also for the way they have constructed this team. Giannis sticking with them when the vultures were circling, (Miami, I'm looking at you!), is also a great story. 

I'd like to see Phoenix win it now. A brilliant story for CP3. Giannis will have many more opportunities, I'm not sure CP3 will. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I'm hoping for that too. Suns is my team, Every time I remember 2005 or 2010, I get gutted about how we lost that. After this long time, hopefully we can win it. For Bucks, it's been my second team since Wes Edens bought Aston Villa.

Have always had a soft spot for the Suns and obviously hope the Bucks do well with the Villa connection. 

I hated the suspensions you copped in the WCF in 2005. Absolute garbage.

42 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Cheers @hornso. My son and I stayed up and watched the game, finishing at 0545! The game was lost in James Harden being too laissez faire with the ball and Joe "Joey Buckets" being utterly abysmal from three. I think this did evidence that if healthy, the Nets would have won the Championship this year, but all teams have had health issues. Next year is the one!

Really pleased for the Bucks though. Obviously the Villa connection is great, but also for the way they have constructed this team. Giannis sticking with them when the vultures were circling, (Miami, I'm looking at you!), is also a great story. 

I'd like to see Phoenix win it now. A brilliant story for CP3. Giannis will have many more opportunities, I'm not sure CP3 will. 

545 in the morning is commitment. That’s what I used to do to watch Villa down here in Australia. Now I can watch on delay thankfully.

I love watching KD, he’s a walking bucket. Just a shame he couldn’t quite drag them over the line.

One aspect of the playoffs that’s fascinating and adds to making them so great to watch is the “who is going to fade away in the spotlight”. There’s nowhere to hide in a 7 game series and unfortunately it claimed Joe Harris this series. Hopefully he can bounce back.

I’m with you, I’d like to see CP3/Booker win it this year but wouldn’t be disappointed if it’s Giannis.

Edited by Hornso

On 18/06/2021 at 17:00, sne said:

I imagine a lot of stars will not be going to Tokyo. Think they'd rather stay at home.

https://www.espn.co.uk/olympics/basketball/story/_/id/31680974/miami-heat-bam-adebayo-commits-play-usa-tokyo-olympics-agent-says

Some serious players heading over there. Bam Adebayo, Dame, Devin Booker, Jayson Tatum, Bradley Beal, Draymond Green. I've read that Steph wants in too. 

Not quite the dream team, but not far off!

On 20/06/2021 at 17:14, Brumerican said:

What a game that was. Bucks were fantastic.

Why do you think they were fantastic? They barely beat a team with missing two of its three best players, (Harden was woeful) and its three point machine having an absolute mare. Bucks should have been comfortably the better team.

Holiday was poor apart from a streak at the end, PJ Tucker gave up 40+ points on Durant again whilst offering nothing in offence, Middleton was okay. Giannis of course was brilliant and Pat Connaughton gave some good minutes, but overall, they scraped it. 

I reckon if Durant's feet were two sizes smaller Bud is looking for a new job today.

5 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Not sure what you want me to say tbh  ? I thought they were brilliant winning a game 7 in Brooklyn .

Was just looking for a chat about what you thought about their game was fantastic. No drama if you don't want to. No need for the flippant response either, but each to their own. Have a nice evening mate.

11 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Was just looking for a chat about what you thought about their game was fantastic. No drama if you don't want to. No need for the flippant response either, but each to their own. Have a nice evening mate.

Oh no worries.  I'm probably the least "chatty" person on this forum in fairness and I wasn't being flippant . I was genuinely surprised to be asked that question when even KD himself said the Bucks were fantastic in the post game presser. 

I don't know the game well enough from a technical standpoint to offer anything more than "Oooh that was nice"  so you may want to put me at the back of the queue for any real basketball talk. 

All the best,   UTV and whatnot.

47 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Oh no worries.  I'm probably the least "chatty" person on this forum in fairness and I wasn't being flippant . I was genuinely surprised to be asked that question when even KD himself said the Bucks were fantastic in the post game presser. 

I don't know the game well enough from a technical standpoint to offer anything more than "Oooh that was nice"  so you may want to put me at the back of the queue for any real basketball talk. 

All the best,   UTV and whatnot.

It was the first game I'd ever watched live and in it's entireity, so I was just curious what made it fantastic. No worries.  

UTV x 2.

Just now, Don_Simon said:

It was the first game I'd ever watched live and in it's entireity, so I was just curious what made it fantastic. No worries.  

UTV x 2.

Well I've seen  a few entire games and most of them  don't end up being as compelling as that one was,  especially considering the occasion.  It was probably the best game of the playoffs so far IMO .   

This video goes into the details that I am not articulate enough to write.

14 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Well I've seen  a few entire games and most of them  don't end up being as compelling as that one was,  especially considering the occasion.  It was probably the best game of the playoffs so far IMO .   

This video goes into the details that I am not articulate enough to write.

I'll check these out when I've finished work. Cheers bro!

(Giannis looks so happy in the scrren shot!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hornso said:

Months and months of resting healthy players and tanking will finally pay off tonight in the NBA Draft Lottery.

Hoping this man can bring home the #1 pick.

image.thumb.jpeg.d207c43b06ebe720e7a173e1fcb2ed66.jpeg

...and he did!!!  DEEEEEEEEEEEETROIT BASKETBALL!!!  About fookin' time we got some luck in the lottery.  First time the Pistons have EVER moved up in the draft lottery, and our first #1 pick since 1970.  We have such a good core of young guys with Hayes, Stewart, Bey, Lee, and Seykou.  Adding Cade to this team is going to set us up strong for the huge free agency title wave in 2 seasons, when Blake's wages fall off the books and we have a solid squad of really good young guys.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, KMitch said:

...and he did!!!  DEEEEEEEEEEEETROIT BASKETBALL!!!  About fookin' time we got some luck in the lottery.  First time the Pistons have EVER moved up in the draft lottery, and our first #1 pick since 1970.  We have such a good core of young guys with Hayes, Stewart, Bey, Lee, and Seykou.  Adding Cade to this team is going to set us up strong for the huge free agency title wave in 2 seasons, when Blake's wages fall off the books and we have a solid squad of really good young guys.  

So pleased for you guys! Hope you go for Cade or Suggs. 

Podcasts I've listened to today said Detroit is open to trading down - surely not?! 

Â