NBA

maqroll

LaMelo having a bit of a stinker in the Hornets playin game. Has put up 9 points in the last quarter thus far, when the game was too far gone to improve his stat line. Pacers to face Celtics/Wizards.

16 hours ago, Hornso said:

LaMelo having a bit of a stinker in the Hornets playin game. Has put up 9 points in the last quarter thus far, when the game was too far gone to improve his stat line. Pacers to face Celtics/Wizards.

He's clearly not OK from his hand injury yet. In hindsight they probably should have had him sit out the remainder of the season. Onwards to next season for Charlotte, need to fix the C position.

• Like 1

Totally different game now the "stars" start caring about defense. 😀

GSW v Lakers play in game was really entertaining but if Klay Thompson's there  LA lose that game . They had Caruso up Curry's bum and AD on him all game and still only won by 3.

Some great D last night from Williams for Boston too who kept the score respectable with a one man block party.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Embiid's knee doesnt seem too bad, he dropped 40 on the Haws last night! My previous post goes well for me wishing for the early W's for Brooklyn, but Milwuakee will surely be much better at home. 

From the West, I really like the look of The Suns. Barring injury, I think they're going to the finals. 

(So glad the Lakers are out!)

• Like 1

Couldn’t agree more on the Lakers going fishing.

Feel like a lot of the games recently have been blowouts so hopefully some close games/series going forward.

Think it’s the Nets title to lose from here, even without Harden. If they keep getting the output they are getting from their supporting cast they will be unstoppable. Embiid could cause them issues if Philly get through but not sold on the like of Simmons and Harris coming through with the goods.

The West I have no idea…but hopefully not the Clippers.

It’s so good watching playoff basketball with fans in the stands. Sport without the atmosphere just isn’t the same. Getting Villa Park full again is going to be so exciting (even just watching a stream for somebody like me).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

Couldn’t agree more on the Lakers going fishing.

Feel like a lot of the games recently have been blowouts so hopefully some close games/series going forward.

Think it’s the Nets title to lose from here, even without Harden. If they keep getting the output they are getting from their supporting cast they will be unstoppable. Embiid could cause them issues if Philly get through but not sold on the like of Simmons and Harris coming through with the goods.

The West I have no idea…but hopefully not the Clippers.

It’s so good watching playoff basketball with fans in the stands. Sport without the atmosphere just isn’t the same. Getting Villa Park full again is going to be so exciting (even just watching a stream for somebody like me).

Basketball is one of the sports that really needs the fans. I think its the indoor environment and the glamour of the event. Tennis as an example I don't think fans make a massive difference. 

For the Nets, so pleased to see Blake back to near his best. Bruce Brown is a miracle. Mike James, the European journeyman a marvel and Joey Buckets, the best 4th man in the NBA?

I don't get to watch many games due to time difference, but Nets v Bucks is Sunday at 2000, I'm excited for it! Whose your team Hornso?

LeBron switching to the #6 jersey next season instead of the #23.

Not because Anthony Davies want's it like last time when Nike vetoed it but supposedly because that's the number he's wearing in the new Space Jam movie...

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I don't get to watch many games due to time difference, but Nets v Bucks is Sunday at 2000, I'm excited for it! Whose your team Hornso?

I’m a Pistons man so I’m waiting for the lottery. However, I’m enjoying seeing Blake/Bruce do well for you. Have fond memories of them both in the Motor City.

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

I’m a Pistons man so I’m waiting for the lottery. However, I’m enjoying seeing Blake/Bruce do well for you. Have fond memories of them both in the Motor City.

Ah class! I loved the Pistons chapters of the MJ documentary. Love to see a bit of aggro, steel and skill in a team. 

Although Blake is doing well now, I think it was the right thing for Detroit to buy him out. He'd gone stale at Detroit and gives the youngsters much more chance to learn the ropes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Ah class! I loved the Pistons chapters of the MJ documentary. Love to see a bit of aggro, steel and skill in a team. 

Although Blake is doing well now, I think it was the right thing for Detroit to buy him out. He'd gone stale at Detroit and gives the youngsters much more chance to learn the ropes. 

Oh agreed. I was against the trade to get him at time just because of his the length and size of his contract. Credit to him, he had a great season getting All NBA along the way…but it was never going to end well. Worked out for all parties in the end and it’s good to see he’s still got some juice left in the legs!

Bucks making every mistake possible, they should be 3-2 up going home for game 6 to finish the series. Love coach Bud, although he's been thoroughly outcoached, and rooting for them because I'd hate to see Kawhi ringing again but it's not looking good. 

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

The amount of injuries (and Covid absentees) is ruining the play offs and season. This season was a scheduling mistake, way too many games and not enough recovery time for the players.

8 hours ago, sne said:

The amount of injuries (and Covid absentees) is ruining the play offs and season. This season was a scheduling mistake, way too many games and not enough recovery time for the players.

And with the Olympics this year, many won't get rest this summer either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

And with the Olympics this year, many won't get rest this summer either.

I imagine a lot of stars will not be going to Tokyo. Think they'd rather stay at home.

• Like 1

Â