NBA

maqroll

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Look how Harden dribbles then puts both hands on the ball before dribbling again ?

How do all those refs miss something so basic ?

Luckily the bald mamba was there to clean that crap up.

Personally my biggest frustration with the NBA. Lots of tiny touch fouls that get called for the superstars but they never call the blatant travels, double dribbles etc. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

Personally my biggest frustration with the NBA. Lots of tiny touch fouls that get called for the superstars but they never call the blatant travels, double dribbles etc. 

The bigger the star the bigger the liberty .

LeBron James travel is 'worst thing' he's done in NBA career

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

In that Caruso vs Harden clip, is Harden not only just taking possession of the basketball as he grabs it with both hands? I can't see him make a deliberate dribble prior.

Harden dribbled that ball just before the footage started. His second bounce was after two handing the ball. If not it's the greatest no look reception since Neil Taylor against Burton.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, A'Villan said:

@Brumerican Did you see Caruso's nutmeg pass to LBJ for the double handed slam?

Of course .I've watched most of the playoffs to be fair.and It's been brilliant so far.  People still see Caruso as a gimmick but he's genuinely one of the best defensive players in the playoffs. 

He's a pure spark plug for them like Marcus smart is for Boston.  He just plays no nonsense, all effort ball and is pretty high up there IQ wise.  

The only flaw I see is that sometimes he's a little tooooo far up Le'Bron's arse . He's always looking for the ally oop to James when sometimes scoring himself would be the more sensible option.

I really want to see him go from G League/ 2 way contract to a ring in a year because he;s just got that Gardner Minshew "normal guy" vibe.

• Thanks 1

@Brumerican CourticalHoops is possibly my favourite basketball YouTuve channel. Their breakdowns of Lou Williams and Damian Lillard added new dimensions to my game. Appreciate the video share though, and I'm officially a Caruso fan after watching it. The guy is just solid with fundamental basketball no matter which way you look at it.

I remember in my first season as a semi pro how brutal some of the team drills were for developing and instilling defensive ethos and ability. One had a team needing to get three consecutive defensive stops in order to rotate that team from defense onto offense, and an offensive side needing an allocated total score to win the contest and end the drill.

The prize for winning?

Rest, while you watched your teammates on the losing side run (10 full court sprints in under 60 seconds) and complete a number of pushups and sit-ups that coach deemed necessary given the performance last match, how deep into the training session we were, and his mood. Moral of the story, for that drill, I'd take Caruso over so many other NBA players in the league right now. A lot of respect for his defense.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

He does get in foul trouble a lot mind you but I'd take that over somebody who doesn't even try on defense. 

Speaking of foul trouble I think Denver pull one back tonight if they cut down the niggly stuff.  Their 3 best players spent too much time on the bench the other night.

• 3 weeks later...

His championship in Cleveland made Lebron the greatest of all time. This one just cements it further.

What a ridiculously talented guy. Oh and while he does it, he has a school children living in poverty and is probably the most famous athlete pushing for social change. 

Amazing. 

Edited by DCJonah

• 1 month later...

Charlotte selected one of the Ball brothers and with that also get his odious waste of space father in the deal.

In other news Golden State can't catch a break as Klay Thompson is ruled out of next season with a torn Achilles.

Â