London Terror Attack

Dr_Pangloss

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Earlier explosion at Parsons Green tube station has been declared by the MET as a terror related incident. 

Yeah i heard on news of a incident  they confirmed its a terrorsit act? Thankfully no deaths just burns it seems.

Seems like a potential failed attack if it was

Hence why the switch to vehicles and knives has been happening. It's much harder to **** up.

This seems to have mostly caused injury from panic. The photo of the thing basically shows no real damage around it.

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Hence why the switch to vehicles and knives has been happening. It's much harder to **** up.

This seems to have mostly caused injury from panic. The photo of the thing basically shows no real damage around it.

Seems that way, I guess the next issue is whether anything toxic was released, assuming not, then it's probably a really (thankfully) shit DIY job. Possibly went off inadvertently too, if you really wanted to cause maximum damage you'd wait until at least Victoria to set it off where they'd be more people and the tube would actually be underground at that point rather than outside.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Seems that way, I guess the next issue is whether anything toxic was released, assuming not, then it's probably a really (thankfully) shit DIY job. Possibly went off inadvertently too, if you really wanted to cause maximum damage you'd wait until at least Victoria to set it off where they'd be more people and the tube would actually be underground at that point rather than outside.

It did remind me of the Aum attacks on Tokyo more than anything, but something like that wouldn't have burned.

This can add to the argument that these people aren't geniuses. They're following instructions and they do **** it up.

Luckily doesn't seem to have caused major injuries. Lots of singes/small burns but seems the majority of the injured were hurt in the stampede to get out of the train/station.

In London tomorrow, Cant wait.. Especially as my train down is likely to be full of Leeds fans on their way to a fun afternoon in Milwall :unsure:

BBC reporting it was on a timer.

Interesting. Being on a timer is arguably making the bomb less 'efficient' at killing, because you have less control over the precise moment you detonate - this went off in a place you'd not pick to get coverage (most people don't even know where Parsons Green is. A major station though... Much more chance for injury and coverage). It possibly went off early and evidently the planned explosive failed. Of course it also means you can ditch it and run, either to run away or try again.

Thankfully whoever did it seems to not be the best chemist or electrician.

You've got to love the BBC sometimes. Security correspondent Frank Gardiner has helpfully popped to to let us know this was a device 'designed to maim and kill'.

No shit Frank. It was a bomb on a **** train at rush hour.

Next up Frank will let us know rain has been known to be wet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I'm no expert but a plastic paint tub stuffed with a towel doesn't seem to be the most efficient container for something that you are designing to cause carnage/injury

Might be a pressure cooker or gas cannister inside.

21 minutes ago, Chindie said:

You've got to love the BBC sometimes. Security correspondent Frank Gardiner has helpfully popped to to let us know this was a device 'designed to maim and kill'.

No shit Frank. It was a bomb on a **** train at rush hour.

Next up Frank will let us know rain has been known to be wet.

Constant reporting of this only serves to inspire and glamourise the attack IMO, if this was the result of a power surge it wouldn't get the rolling coverage.

• Like 1

Whoever made the bomb will be at large so expect threat level to go up to critical. Likely they'll fancy another go in some shape or form before the police get to them.

Edited by Awol

Â