London Terror Attack

Dr_Pangloss

19 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Constant reporting of this only serves to inspire and glamourise the attack IMO, if this was the result of a power surge it wouldn't get the rolling coverage.

How can you not report on it though?

Power surges arent aiming to maim hundreds in the name of religion. 

And power surges arent also still at large with potential for there to be a team of accomplace power surges.

The Heil's front page could have been written by May today. Outright attack on the internet. 

It'll keep happening now, build that narrative, and the the stupid ignorant public will go for it and the government will gun for more and more regulation of the internet...

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The Heil's front page could have been written by May today. Outright attack on the internet. 

It'll keep happening now, build that narrative, and the the stupid ignorant public will go for it and the government will gun for more and more regulation of the internet...

Exactly my thoughts when I glanced the headline in the shops just now

A disturbing pattern that suggests we might be approaching another spike in activity - particularly with Raqqa likely to fall shortly. 

'Avenge the Caliphate' could well be the next slogan of choice as IS move to an online 'virtual Caliphate' model. 

Lots of speculation in the counter terrorism community that Hamza Bin Laden is the coming man who might reunite the warring tribes of AQ & IS. Not a promising development given how many of the latter are now back in Europe. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Awol said:

A disturbing pattern that suggests we might be approaching another spike in activity - particularly with Raqqa likely to fall shortly. 

'Avenge the Caliphate' could well be the next slogan of choice as IS move to an online 'virtual Caliphate' model. 

Lots of speculation in the counter terrorism community that Hamza Bin Laden is the coming man who might reunite the warring tribes of AQ & IS. Not a promising development given how many of the latter are now back in Europe. 

Was just reading about Hamza Bin Laden. Won't be long before he's taken out. 

On 15/09/2017 at 19:01, ml1dch said:

Ha ha.

Oh. You're not joking?

In which case, can I interest you in this bridge that I'm selling?

On 15/09/2017 at 18:59, bickster said:

Seems pretty ambiguous. Who were in the sights of Scotland Yard describes just about every person in the UK... PLUS ... ITS TRUMP FFS

So it seems that the suspect was actually arrested 2 weeks ago at Parsons Green and had been spoken to multiple times by police.

Guess that means old Donald was right huh? ;)

After being in London over the weekend you kinda realise how nigh-on impossible it is to control anything. The sheer amount of people on the streets/Tube with bags of every shape & size is unmeasurable. Trying to track people efficiently in what is essentially a chaotic mass of moving people must be an absolute nightmare.

Even if you are watching people 24/7 at some point they are going to leave their house, some of these times they will have a bag of some sort, other times they will aquire bags from shops etc with no real way of knowing what is inside and if you are in a huge crowd of people in a small area how are you supposed to stop that

Edited by LakotaDakota

it's a bit sketchy at present  but  it turns out a friend of ours spent some time helping the police at the weekend and has been relieved of her mobile phone whilst the rozzers go through it ... She takes in refugees , finds them clothes ,homes ,a job and does whatever she can for them .. the bomber they arrested in Dover was once such person that she had been helping

she's quite shocked right about now as you can imagine ( and no it's not the Foster couple that were in the news )

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

So it seems that the suspect was actually arrested 2 weeks ago at Parsons Green and had been spoken to multiple times by police.

Could you furnish me with a link as a small search turned up nothing.

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Ah, I see it is breibart and the daily mail saying it and the source is "neighbours say". Breitbart may have something more but I am loathe to go to a far right website on my work laptop.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

it's a bit sketchy at present  but  it turns out a friend of ours spent some time helping the police at the weekend and has been relieved of her mobile phone whilst the rozzers go through it ... She takes in refugees , finds them clothes ,homes ,a job and does whatever she can for them .. the bomber they arrested in Dover was once such person that she had been helping

she's quite shocked right about now as you can imagine ( and no it's not the Foster couple that were in the news )

She's shocked? My local fried chicken place has been closed down! :angry:

stream_img.jpg

Edited by choffer
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Ah, I see it is breibart and the daily mail saying it and the source is "neighbours say". Breitbart may have something more but I am loathe to go to a far right website on my work laptop.

Telegraph also reporting the same, seems to be neighbours as a source again on there too though.

Brietbart also seems to be using the same neighbour Serena Barber. "Known them all her life, property backs onto the Joneses"

Other neighbours (including the one who appears to have caught him heading out with the bag on his cctv) also reporting the same and that police were there multiple times over the past month or two

Edited by LakotaDakota

On 9/15/2017 at 16:39, bickster said:

People seem to have made a huge assumption here as to who is responsible

It actually bears all the hallmarks of a Neo-Nazi Terror attack, i.e. incompetent and cowardly

Sadly, whenever these sorts of incidents happen in the UK you can almost be certain that it has been committed by a muslim in the name of ISIS. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Sadly, whenever these sorts of incidents happen in the UK you can almost be certain that it has been committed by a muslim in the name of ISIS. 

Thats why four serving soldiers were arrested under the Terrorism Act the other week then.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Thats why four serving soldiers were arrested under the Terrorism Act the other week then.

Also wasn't the most recent terror attack in the UK on a mosque?

Your can't even know anymore, nutters of all kinds are getting bold lately.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2017 at 10:40, Chindie said:

Everyone has seen the photo of the plastic bucket in the Lidl bag which contained the Parson’s Green bomb. The typically dubious Islamic State clam of responsibility conjured amusing images of ISIS shopping at Lidl. The event was no joke however for the few people who were burnt, and the lesson yet again is that even the most amateur “terrorist” can kill or maim if they put their mind to it. Which is one reason why we should always be entirely sceptical of security service claims to be monitoring thousands of terrorists and foiling dozens of plots. Terrorism is physically easy – anyone who can wield a knife, drive a vehicle or put flammable liquid in a bucket can do it. Many entirely amateur terrorists manage to be a lot more deadly than these ones. In practice you cannot physically prevent all crime from occurring, without changing society completely by the most fundamental abolition of civil liberties. A certain low level “terrorist” risk we just have to live with. If we shun attacking other countries, we will obviously reduce that risk.

To create an effective blast, you need some sort of pressure vessel containing the explosive. There is no sign of this in the photos of the Parsons Green bomb and plainly there was no “blast” as such from the condition of the bucket. Some kind of fire event was rather created. If the police are arresting the right people, it is teenagers from social care backgrounds who did this. That is of a piece with what we know of so many recent attacks, where psychiatric health appears to be the cause of an interest in nihilist ideologies – as opposed to the other way round.

We are entering a phase where we can expect the deep unpopularity of the government to worsen. Real wages continue to fall, and that is going to continue. Despite this and the massive mountain of personal debt, the Bank of England seems determined to raise interest rates in the next few months, which will put an even larger squeeze on the living standards of the poor. In particular, an increase in interest rates will not just cause the struggling and overly indebted to have higher repayments, in the Tory buy to let economy it will feed directly into higher rents.

The government therefore needs an alternative narrative to distract the bulk of the population from their increasing penury. The Tory government will continue to use the Brexit negotiations, not to obtain the best outcome for the UK, but in order to manipulate events to highlight the issue of immigration and seek to further scapegoat immigrants as the cause of popular economic hardship. But they will also undoubtedly try to play up the “security” narrative. Expect more legislation to restrict civil liberties, and particularly expect amber Rudd to spearhead a coordinated media campaign to promote major censorship of the internet. That is the next major fight where we will have to stand up to the Tories.

Craig Murray

Â