Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Need to make changes at half-time.

We need a change of tactics.

I suggest the players should be given a position based on drawing folded slips of paper from a hat, and then the formation determined by means of spinning a bottle between five or six choices.

Looks like this can go either way. It looks like Hourihane is playing as a nr 10 or at least in front of Whelan and Onomah. I'm not sure if that is Hourihane's best position, he isn't creative enough or mobile enough to be a nr 10, he is better when he can come in the second wave and get his shots in, no he is the one who is supposed to create the chances.

It seems as if our best weapon of attack is a long ball to Elmohamady to run for.

And I don't think Brentford are such a threatening team than we need to retreat and fall back with the whole team when they get the ball, we should press them instead. With this falling back it takes so much time for the whole team to come back into their half, especiially if we give the ball away, we just let them attack us again. 

Bruce simply must go. We are not even trying to press high up the pitch, and if we do then its only 2 players doing it. No tempo, no aggression whatsoever. We are at home ffs!

And where is Adoma? I simply do not see what Elmo brings.

1 minute ago, obanken said:

Bruce simply must go. We are not even trying to press high up the pitch, and if we do then its only 2 players doing it. No tempo, no aggression whatsoever. We are at home ffs!

And where is Adoma? I simply do not see what Elmo brings.

He brings what seems to be our main attacking tactic, long ball for him to either flick on or run after. 

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

I've been unimpressed with Onomah this match. I'd take him off and bring Hogan on. Let Hourihane still roam behind the two of them. Snodgrass for Elmo as well and then Adomah for Green. 

Adomah isn't in the squad.

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

I've been unimpressed with Onomah this match. I'd take him off and bring Hogan on. Let Hourihane still roam behind the two of them. Snodgrass for Elmo as well and then Adomah for Green. 

Adomahs not even on the bench

8 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Nothings gone wrong, this a necessary first step to the recovery of Aston Villa. Come on, Bruce has only had a few games this season, it is unfair to criticize him for this. I find it hilarious that people are just looking to find fault with the performance because they simply don't like him. 

Wow.