• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

Just now, BigAl said:

Lee Johnson from Bristol City would be my choice ,young energetic manager who would get best out of players we have .

A big no from me.

johnson is nowhere near right for us. 

Had an awful run last season when Abraham went off form and they really clung on to their championship place on the last weekend of the season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

A big no from me.

johnson is nowhere near right for us. 

Had an awful run last season when Abraham went off form and they really clung on to their championship place on the last weekend of the season.

He has no money whatsoever to spend ,Bristol came through there bad run of form and impressed me when we played them a couple of weeks ago ,think we have to start looking at young energetic managers whose teams play the game at pace and Johnson teams certainly fit that criteria.

What's Dean Smith done to make him worth considering when Bruce leaves?

Pardew for me. Good record at this level and has Premiership experience, whereas Smith has none.

We'd run into the same problem with Bruce if he got us up, can't do it at the top level, so sacking him now just brings forward the inevitable.

He won't get us up though, which is unforgivable given the resources/players available.

Bruce out!

11 minutes ago, CastleBromVilla said:

Pardew for me. Good record at this level and has Premiership experience, whereas Smith has none.

We'd run into the same problem with Bruce if he got us up, can't do it at the top level, so sacking him now just brings forward the inevitable.

He won't get us up though, which is unforgivable given the resources/players available.

Bruce out!

You wanna take a punt and guess who else has a good record at this level and has premier league experience  ? Give ya a hint. Likes kebabs.

• Haha 1

I understand that there are reservations about Dean Smith's ability to manage the bigger players at the club. But surely that is the kind of thing we should be looking into, we shouldn't just be sticking a pin in a board. We must do due diligence on any managerial candidate, whoever they may be. As fans we can just try to make a semi educated guess, but a club the size of Villa should have a small army of people doing research and talking to people who are genuinely ITK. 

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I like smith but i am not sure he he has the big personalitu to manage the likes of terry and gabby.

I think pardew on a one year deal if gets promoted he gets a extension if jokanvic is not gettable

Not sure why Gabby is a concern, I don't see him in first team selection . Terry is a professional and should want what is best for the team. Both are done at the end of the season anyway.

28 minutes ago, CastleBromVilla said:

Bruce out!

Agree here!

20 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I understand that there are reservations about Dean Smith's ability to manage the bigger players at the club. But surely that is the kind of thing we should be looking into, we shouldn't just be sticking a pin in a board. We must do due diligence on any managerial candidate, whoever they may be. As fans we can just try to make a semi educated guess, but a club the size of Villa should have a small army of people doing research and talking to people who are genuinely ITK. 

Its not managing the players I would worry about. its managing the club. He is no better than Lambert was, an that ended in tears. I don't wanna end Smith or his career.

Managers like Smith are all well and good if they head to a club where the structure is in place for them to flourish.  All they need to do is coach the team.  

I think we know well that this job isnt like that.

We need someone with experience of dealing with big clubs, big player egos and big expectations!

A new manager isnt going to cut it for me, it would swallow him up.

Id love it to be Hodgson as I think he has the credentials to make it work in all aspects, if he can be persuaded of course.

• Like 1