• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

Maybe it's no coincidence that he's failed in the 2 big clubs he's managed ? He flopped at Sunderland and at villa and it's he who cannot handle the expectation levels - wyness words that Bruce admitted he rarely sleeps through fear of losing tells me a lot about him . 

The negativity is not to get beat rather than to go out for a win . 

I've said this a few times before but Bruce seems to relish when hes the under dog. He simply doesnt know how to dominate teams or take the upper hand when the expectation is there.

You can tell by the way he always sets his teams not to lose rather than go for the win.

When you're the under dog, fans aren't expecting you to take the game to the opposition, you can sit back, soak up the pressure and hit the opposition on the break or wait for a set piece. But when its the other way around and you are the team that's expected to dominate and try to win rather than not to lose, he simply doesnt know how to do that. Which is why he struggles with bigger clubs. 

I was never in favor of bringing in Steve Bruce, mainly because his brand of football was always to try and scrape a 1 goal win. Never once did you hear anyone say I want us to play like a Steve Bruce team. However, he managed to find success at certain teams and you can't argue with his promotions. However, I think we can all agree that his time at Villa needs to come to an end quickly. We are a team that scores very few goals, creates a minimal number of chances, and now has a defense that looks slow and vulnerable.

My vote 12-months ago went to Dean Smith, and little has changed my opinion. Yes, they have struggled at the beginning of the season but it hasn't been due to poor performances. They have been in or dominated every game. If the managers and teams stayed as they were today, I would put my house on Brentford finishing above Villa AGAIN.

3 hours ago, USA_Villa said:

I was never in favor of bringing in Steve Bruce, mainly because his brand of football was always to try and scrape a 1 goal win. Never once did you hear anyone say I want us to play like a Steve Bruce team. However, he managed to find success at certain teams and you can't argue with his promotions. However, I think we can all agree that his time at Villa needs to come to an end quickly. We are a team that scores very few goals, creates a minimal number of chances, and now has a defense that looks slow and vulnerable.

My vote 12-months ago went to Dean Smith, and little has changed my opinion. Yes, they have struggled at the beginning of the season but it hasn't been due to poor performances. They have been in or dominated every game. If the managers and teams stayed as they were today, I would put my house on Brentford finishing above Villa AGAIN.

Is smith  better option than Bruce = yes .

is smith the best option we could go for = no 

Make the move for jovanovic and watch this club rise ! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, USA_Villa said:

I can only judge Brentford on the 3 games we have played them and I was very impressed in every game. What stood out to me was the movement and patience of the players to keep the ball until the right pass can be made. The players also look very comfortable. Now what I don't know is have we made Brentford look better than they by being so poor ourselves? 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Looking at Jovanoic's stats they don't look that's much better than Bruce's. Can anyone explain why they think he is a good choice?

Have you watched the quality football Fulham play in comparison to villa?

Bruce has spent far more money at villa and done a shit job , jovanovic lost his best players and yet still led Fulham to the play offs last season playing a brand of football that was far better than the huff and puff of Bruce .

he gets the best from his players , sets his team up well tactically and is a far better option than Bruce .  

Edited by Eastie

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Have you watched the quality football Fulham play in comparison to villa?

Bruce has spent far more money at villa and done a shit job , jovanovic lost his best players and yet still led Fulham to the play offs last season playing a brand of football that was far better than the huff and puff of Bruce .

he gets the best from his players , sets his team up well tactically and is a far better option than Bruce .  

I haven't to be honest. Those were 2 of the games I missed last season. 

To be fair this feels like the case for every team we seem to play. 

Im all for Jovanivic or Smith. Hell if it was a toss up between do nothing or appoint Moyes I'd be tempted. We can't get much worse. 

Just a thought here because i don't see Bruce getting sacked any time soon regardless of how poor a job he is doing. However if the right thing is done and Bruce is sacked I'm wondering if the stars could align. Eddie Howe could potentially get the sack from Bournemouth given the start they have had. I wanted Eddie Howe to replace Paul lambert and if he was out of a job I would love to see him come in. I know this is unlikely but just throwing it out there.

Just now, punkiller1981 said:

Just a thought here because i don't see Bruce getting sacked any time soon regardless of how poor a job he is doing. However if the right thing is done and Bruce is sacked I'm wondering if the stars could align. Eddie Howe could potentially get the sack from Bournemouth given the start they have had. I wanted Eddie Howe to replace Paul lambert and if he was out of a job I would love to see him come in. I know this is unlikely but just throwing it out there.

To good to ever come true.

2 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I don't think Bournemouth will sack Howe , I do think villa will sack Bruce in the next week but would rather it be today . 

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

I don't think Bournemouth will sack Howe , I do think villa will sack Bruce in the next week but would rather it be today . 

I agree I don't think they will sack him and I don't think they should either but knowing how mad the premier league is with managers I just put it out there as a possibility. Also I doubt he would join us anyway if he was available.