Match Thread: Villa v Hull

limpid

1 minute ago, Dick said:

Gabby seemed to go missing for the last 15 and it showed, we need him to keep buzzing about.

The Hull defenders didn't know what to do first 30mins as Gabby was everywhere, creating a lot of space for us to play in as he pulled the Hull players about. We need himto keep doing this.

I think Whelan has been our worst player this half. He's looked a little nervous imo. 

Hogan has looked brilliant. Desperate for him to score a goal just so he can get a bit of confidence going and hopefully push on.

Lansbury has looked decent as well. 

Defence has been pretty solid. Johnston included. 

When Hernandez for Hull gets the ball by the box I'm a littlenervous, definitely their danger man. Could easily make something happen for them. Would quite like him in our team. 

Good first half. Some sloppy play, particularly in the last 10. Bacuna has particularly been sloppy giving the ball away. 

Hogan needs a goal. He puts a hell of a lot of effort into it. Deserves it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Bacuna is ok. Whelan sloppy. Hogan lots of potential. 

Agree re Hogan. Bacuna made more sloppy mistakes than Whelan I think, Whelan did make that clanger just before HT, but Bacuna gave the ball away several times while attacking.

• Like 1

Why do they keep crossing the ball in? We don't have the height.

We made better chances early in the half with threaded balls through.

Crossing it from wide isn't doing Hogan much good. He needs a ball he can run on to.

It's been good hard working performance with nice bits of play.

Whelan has been a bit sloppy, and Lansbury looks to be the player he was at forest. They both have yellows so i'm worried.

I would like to see Bacuna replaced eventually. I reckon Green will come on for Gabby around the 60th minute. 

Let's hope that we can keep this up in the 2nd half

• Like 2

Taylor looks uncharacteristically sloppy, and Bacuna is just poor, but there is a lot to like in that half. 

Elmo looks a different class, Gabby is playing well and Terry just inspires confidence. If we can be a little more composed in the final 3rd i thinkwe can score a couple more in the 2nd half. I would like to see Bacuna replaced though, the bloke offers nothing

Taylor looks uncharacteristically sloppy, and Bacuna is just poor, but there is a lot to like in that half. 

Elmo looks a different class, Gabby is playing well and Terry just inspires confidence. If we can be a little more composed in the final 3rd i thinkwe can score a couple more in the 2nd half. I would like to see Bacuna replaced though, the bloke offers nothing

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I think Whelan has been our worst player this half. He's looked a little nervous imo. 

Hogan has looked brilliant. Desperate for him to score a goal just so he can get a bit of confidence going and hopefully push on.

When Hernandez for Hull gets the ball by the box I'm a littlenervous, definitely their danger man. Could easily make something happen for them. Would quite like him in our team. 

Agree with all of that. Whelan looks bait nervous

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Think whelan has been decent enough apart from getting cocky before HT and nearly paying for it. He shows for the ball and moves it quickly.  

Edited by Johnnyp
mistake
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Agree re Hogan. Bacuna made more sloppy mistakes than Whelan I think, Whelan did make that clanger just before HT, but Bacuna gave the ball away several times while attacking.

Hutton consistently good at giving possession away

Very good half and deserve to be further ahead - lansbury looking like the player he was at forest and Hutton playing well too as are hogan and gabby .

decent football and just need to put our chances away .