British & Irish Lions - New Zealand 2017

TrentVilla

Well **** me. 

Mixed emotions. Absolutely delighted with the win but **** hell they made hard work of it. I hope that performance is not romanticised in the future because apart from a couple of 5-10 minute periods, that was utter shit. Embarrassing at times. Could've won that easier with a more positive approach and proactive subs. 

I'm pessimistic about the chances of  Gatland having it in his locker to come up with a plan to compete with a full strength ABs next week.

Epic game and historic win but it was a gutsy yet laboured performance and a win somewhat gifted to us by SBW and some poor kicking.

I've never been a fan of WG and today's game embodied why.

Great we are going into the final game with a hope of a series win, I'd just like us to improve our performance a little more.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Epic game and historic win but it was a gutsy yet laboured performance and a win somewhat gifted to us by SBW and some poor kicking.

I've never been a fan of WG and today's game embodied why.

Great we are going into the final game with a hope of a series win, I'd just like us to improve our performance a little more.

Exactly. I'm already annoyed by his smug claims of vindication. Kind of like 4 years ago in Australia, we won in spite of Gatland. I also think it's fair to say that the opposition, who were there for the taking, pretty much beat themselves and we very, very nearly screwed it up. Under a better coach we would've put them to the sword. 

Still can't wait for next Saturday though :)

Edited by JB
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Genie said:

Not a big Rugby fan but watched the second half and was completely gripped. What a game. I'll be tuning in for the final test for sure.

A big Rugby game puts Football in the shade for me. 

• Like 4

It's got to the point with me where I find football almost completely unwatchable and can't understand what enjoyment people get out of it. That's been the case for quite some time now. Whether it's linked to Villa's decline, I don't know  

I grew up as a football fan but shortly after getting roped into playing rugby on account of my size when I was 17/18, learning the game and going to uni in a rugby city, I was almost immediately hooked.

It's a matter of taste of course and it doesn't even have to be a choice between the two but for me, football can't even come close to matching the relentless intensity, the action, the collisions, the big match day experience and all round excitement that rugby provides. 

• Like 2

Ah man such a weird feeling after such an incredibly intense game. I really thought they were going to do it. Hate to sound like a broken record but perhaps arguably we should have, for reasons I probably don't need to mention (again)...

Some huge performances. Itoje in particular but Warburton was immense, too. 

Anyway, surely a series like that HAS to go to extra time in the future? Kind of feel a bit robbed at the moment!

I bloody love the Lions. 

• Like 1

Â