British & Irish Lions - New Zealand 2017

TrentVilla

Spot on Trent although it felt weird on the final whistle in many ways it was the perfect result as neither side deserved to lose that series. 

We definitely could have won but so could they massive performances from both sides. 

The final whistle did feel weird not least because nobody was entirely sure if it had actually gone.

It says a huge amount about both sides that they both looked like they had lost, neither wanted that game to end.

I think hearing Warburton talk about his conversation with Read in the final minutes at the point of the disputed knock on is one of the most refreshing things I've heard in many years. I thought they were disagreeing over the decision, which I guess they were also, but Read was always apparently saying to Warburton "This is real rugby, aye".

That says everything about the warriors on both sides, the spirt of these tests/this tour and the Lions in general.

I adore the Lions, its one of the purest sporting competitions there is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Itoje to captain the next tour is my prediction.

Whilst the young Barrett fully deserves the praise given for his debut today, we also have to consider that Maro is only 22. It looked to me that the pack were often taking instructions from him (as the England pack have done) for more than just the line outs.

He's also progressed a great deal on this tour itself. The overly excited player jumping up and down with a few minutes to go of the Blues (?) game turned in to the guy who played phenomenally today.

Imagine what he'll be like when he fills out (think Johnno as he grew in to things). ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Whilst the young Barrett fully deserves the praise given for his debut today, we also have to consider that Maro is only 22. It looked to me that the pack were often taking instructions from him (as the England pack have done) for more than just the line outs.

He's also progressed a great deal on this tour itself. The overly excited player jumping up and down with a few minutes to go of the Blues (?) game turned in to the guy who played phenomenally today.

Imagine what he'll be like when he fills out (think Johnno as he grew in to things). ;)

Yep Itoje has been superb. If he continues on this trajectory we could be talking about a real superstar of world rugby for many years to come. He's already got so much to his game, but he could develop much further. 

• Like 1

Fantastic tour and wonderful achievement for a group of players who hadn't played together before to be able to draw a series against the mighty NZ.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â