General Election 2017

ender4

26 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think the reverse is also true, whether by intent or incompetence or both. All the hints and threats of deselection, the lack of opposition to bullying, the deliberate rejecting of secret ballots (so that anyone who votes on the NEC in a different way to Corbyn) can be found out and hounded. The bungled appointments to the shadow cabinet, giving 2 people the same job...

2 way street.

With respect, I absolutely refute this. I'm no tin foil hat wearer, but for me this was part of an orchestrated plan to see Jeremy removed as leader. Things got exceedingly dirty during the second leadership campaign, and the accusations of bullying were a major part of this. 

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

the accusations of bullying were a major part of this. 

And true. I recall Trent posting about it yonks ago, and I saw Ch4 news with a woman MP in tears because of it, and not someone who was opposing Corbyn either. Just someone doing what she'd always done, being a good MP and being victimised by Corbyn's mob.

• Like 1

Corbyn has gone up in my estimation for pissing BuzzFeed off. 

Hopefully they go the same way as Gawker. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

And true. I recall Trent posting about it yonks ago, and I saw Ch4 news with a woman MP in tears because of it, and not someone who was opposing Corbyn either. Just someone doing what she'd always done, being a good MP and being victimised by Corbyn's mob.

Was she the one who had an office, resigned and 2 weeks later someone came in as they expected it to be empty, but she was still in there, but the story morphed into one of Corbyn's supporters breaking into her office?

There was something painfully ironic about seeing Andy Burnham being introduced as Manchester's new mayor at Corbyn's campaign launch, he looked like a far more presentable choice stood next to Comrade Number One.

The backslapping seemed to emphasise that he had been squeezed out and sent into exile.

4 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Was she the one who had an office, resigned and 2 weeks later someone came in as they expected it to be empty, but she was still in there, but the story morphed into one of Corbyn's supporters breaking into her office?

No, I don't think so. though the whole bungled sackings and duplicate appointments was around the same time.

Cathy Newman from CH4

When I interviewed Johanna Baxter, a member of Labour’s ruling National Executive Committee, last night, it was clear to me how upset she was about the abuse and intimidation she says she’s received. She’s normally a confident, self-possessed person, but last night she was trembling and holding back tears.

Ms Baxter says she’s received a couple of thousand emails urging her to put Jeremy Corbyn on the leadership ballot – a decision endorsed by the NEC at their meeting this week. What’s disturbed her is how many of those emails were threatening or abusive. She and some of her colleagues feel under siege.....

Another Labour party member begins “respectfully” but swiftly becomes rather more menacing. MPs who opposed Mr Corbyn have got it coming, it’s suggested. “I believe pickets would ensure that the plotters never had peace, ever again. There would be hecklers and cat-calls at every meeting,” it says.

Ms Baxter’s personal email and mobile number were tweeted out for all to see.

So there you have it: intimidating, yes. Abusive, yes. Acceptable? Absolutely not.

• Like 1

Crikey you can talk about Corbyn being a poor leader, Theresa May has now said that she is in favour of Fox hunting.

The RSPCA suggest that 70-80% of people are against Fox hunting.

So out of touch with the electorate. She doesn't care either.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Crikey you can talk about Corbyn being a poor leader, Theresa May has now said that she is in favour of Fox hunting.

Brexit.

**** the foxes.

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

i would say it is more likely that 70-80% of people couldn't give a shit, 10% don't mind/are for it & 10% are very angry about it on twitter

It's the 10% that are for it that oddly seem to have enough power and influence on a strong and stable leader and her party to go against the majority.  It's all very strange.  I would never vote for anyone who is in favor of it as it goes and it shows more about a person than just the fox hunting subject but it gives views of other core values as well IMO.

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

Sometimes you have to get dirty when wrestling a pig. If he didn't tighten things up you'd be calling him naive.

To be fair though, if he didn't want it reported perhaps he shouldn't have said it. That was naive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

To be fair though, if he didn't want it reported perhaps he shouldn't have said it. That was naive.

Yep. Definitely.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

C_Z-KGLVYAAK_QJ.jpg

it'll end in tears

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blandy said:

Hmmm, OK. Again, I think we'll just have to disagree on this.

32 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Hmmm, OK. Again, I think we'll just have to disagree on this.

I get disagreeing on opinion, but facts?  I mean,  it happened, it's on video and all that kind of thing. The tweets and even mails, they're out there. I didn't quote them because, well, twitter, bullying, threats, vile abuse...y know sadly it is common, but it happened and it wasn't a few isolated sad sacks. It was a ton of Corbyn fanatics and momentumists....

It's wrecking his image, it's part of his hinterland. It's appalling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

I get disagreeing on opinion, but facts?  I mean,  it happened, it's on video and all that kind of thing. The tweets and even mails, they're out there. I didn't quote them because, well, twitter, bullying, threats, vile abuse...y know sadly it is common, but it happened and it wasn't a few isolated sad sacks. It was a ton of Corbyn fanatics and momentumists....

It's wrecking his image, it's part of his hinterland. It's appalling.

I'm just going to bow out of this one, as I don't want to get into the ins and outs, and look like a conspiracy theorist. I'll just say that I don't condone bullying by anyone, and especially not by those who purport to support Jeremy. I've highlighted part of the sentence, and I think it describes very well the motives behind that episode in the coup. I'll leave it there, and appreciate you probably don't agree, but that's OK.

Â