• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Check out the guy at 1m52s who has stopped in the middle lane and popped the hood on his car 😁

Fake news! 

Just out of shot there is a child lying in the road with a leg injury.  The brave Russia is using his car to shield the child.  You can clearly see him raising the bonnet to prevent Nazi snipers getting a clear aim. 

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Check out the guy at 1m52s who has stopped in the middle lane and popped the hood on his car 😁

He popped the hood on his car?  

I did not see him casually place a head covering onto the vehicle. 

I saw him open the bonnet.  🇬🇧

We'll have none of those Americanisms. That's why we voted for Brexit. I think. 

😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Good to see you sticking up for British values. It's times like this people show their true colors. 

I see what you did there.  

Well played sir!  

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Speeling mishsteaks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 05/11/2022 at 07:11, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Well worth a watch.  
“Only Putin will be left in his bunker”. 

It’s good to see people openly speaking out against Putin and his bullshit war. It shows that the truth is getting through in Moscow at least, and that the fear of arrest for dissent isn’t what it once was. 

Thread about the defences the Russians are building on the East Bank of the Dnipro (he gets the banks wrong) More in the thread

Also, nothing to do with the Twitter thread but people keep saying that Russia will blow up the Dam if they leave Kherson, they won't because it is the east bank, the bank they'll be evacuating to, that will flood as Kherson is built on a hill

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

people keep saying that Russia will blow up the Dam

It provides the water to Crimea also,  they will leave it alone I think.  For now anyway,  scorched earth if they look to be losing it all I suppose.

(Can blowing up a Dam be called Scorched earth,  I don't know)

• Like 1

Will the war come to a stalemate when Ukraine take back Kherson and the entirety of land on the west side of the Dniper?.

Russia will be happy to hold there IMO and they would negotiate from that position, Ukraine of course won't. 

How difficult does advancement become East of the river?

10 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Will the war come to a stalemate when Ukraine take back Kherson and the entirety of land on the west side of the Dniper?.

Russia will be happy to hold there IMO and they would negotiate from that position, Ukraine of course won't. 

How difficult does advancement become East of the river?

IMO Ukraine Will just hold the line at the Dnipro. Then they'll concentrate attacks through Zaporizhzhia down to the Black Sea / Sea of Azov in an attempt to split the Russian occupied territory and further kill the supply routes to Crimea and the area below the Dnipro

Also, I wouldn't shocked to see them try a sneak attack across the widest part of the Dnipro, those 40 armoured boats the US are supplying had to be for something and I'm really not sure it was to attack Crimea with

• Thanks 1

IMO there will be a very small widow when attacks will be possible. It will be when the ground freezes and removes the problems caused by mud.  But the winter should bog down both sides.  

Cutting the supply lines to the Russian defensive positions is fairly obvious.  This would be very easy if they had air superiority.  Maybe those F16 are on the way in spring?  

Ukraine should also use the darkness and poor visibility of winter to their advantage.  They should make lots of raids behind the line.  

It wouldn't surprise me if Ukraine came up with some amazingly inventive and unexpected attack.  There's plenty of possibilities and targets.  

12 hours ago, bickster said:

IMO Ukraine Will just hold the line at the Dnipro. Then they'll concentrate attacks through Zaporizhzhia down to the Black Sea / Sea of Azov in an attempt to split the Russian occupied territory and further kill the supply routes to Crimea and the area below the Dnipro

Also, I wouldn't shocked to see them try a sneak attack across the widest part of the Dnipro, those 40 armoured boats the US are supplying had to be for something and I'm really not sure it was to attack Crimea with

To be fair it wouldn't be the first time Russia would blow up a dam in Ukraine if they did. Stalin used the same tactic to try to slow down the Germans in WW2, killing several tens of thousands of Ukrainians for very little gain.

The humanitarian disaster it would cause would probably piss of China and the world to the point that it would mean the end of Putin though.

More on Stalin being Stalin..

The team successfully carried out its secret mission -- which historians say was ordered by Stalin himself -- tearing a hole in the dam and temporarily cutting off part of the city from the invaders.

But the explosion also flooded villages and settlements along the Dnieper River.

The tidal surge killed thousands of unsuspecting civilians, as well as Red Army officers who were crossing over the river.

Since no official death toll was released at the time, the estimated number of victims varies widely. Most historians put it at between 20,000 and 100,000, based on the number of people then living in the flooded areas.

Not caring about civilian life is the core of Russia's way of life. In my opinion they need to be bled dry to the point where they have no combat capability left. Once that happens we'll see if Ukraine wants Kuban back too as this was part of Ukraine before the Soviet Union.

Got a problem in Aleppo you say? Bomb the crap out of it. Losing the war you say? Use the little strategic weaponry we have left to hit playgrounds in Kyiv and other cities. No more soldiers? Send convicted rapists with HIV and Hep C to fight instead. The whole country needs to face what Germany faced after WW2. There needs to be groveling, mandatory history lessons and political reform. Russia as an entity needs to be back to what it was before Alexander and Catherine raped their way through Eastern Europe, Asia and the Caucasus. 

• Like 2

This Russian attack on Pavlivka in Donetsk sounds horrendous

The Ukrainians more than repelled the attacks (three waves apparently), they've wiped out an awful lot of the Russian troops and armour. Estimates of between 500-700 men gone and it's not just the mobiks who are clueless, the were some really quite experienced troops wiped out, the 155th Brigade of Marines appears to have very few troops left. There are countless videos of tanks being blown up by a variety of means, artillery, mines, RPGs. Ukrainian troops were in a trench they dug down one side of the road, the RUssians hadn't even seen it, they just pop up with RPGs and boom, troops trudging across open fields turned into sunflower food

This was also supposedly well planned RUssian operation to attack the Ukraine position. With planners like that, who needs enemies

An absolute slaughter just to give Putin the win he so wants but still didn't manage it.

When you piece all the reports together its just shocking how bad Russia are at fighting and its costing them dearly

I'm not going to post the videos but there re lots of them out there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, bickster said:

This Russian attack on Pavlivka in Donetsk sounds horrendous

The Ukrainians more than repelled the attacks (three waves apparently), they've wiped out an awful lot of the Russian troops and armour. Estimates of between 500-700 men gone and it's not just the mobiks who are clueless, the were some really quite experienced troops wiped out, the 155th Brigade of Marines appears to have very few troops left. There are countless videos of tanks being blown up by a variety of means, artillery, mines, RPGs. Ukrainian troops were in a trench they dug down one side of the road, the RUssians hadn't even seen it, they just pop up with RPGs and boom, troops trudging across open fields turned into sunflower food

This was also supposedly well planned RUssian operation to attack the Ukraine position. With planners like that, who needs enemies

An absolute slaughter just to give Putin the win he so wants but still didn't manage it.

When you piece all the reports together its just shocking how bad Russia are at fighting and its costing them dearly

I'm not going to post the videos but there re lots of them out there

The drone footage including drone dropped grenades from this failed attack are absolutely horrendous. In one drone video alone one guy takes out 6 (!) soldiers in one drone drop, followed by a reload and then taking out another 5 soldiers out in the open. Surely someone in Russia must see these videos and wonder why the hell they are even in Ukraine, they stand more of a chance if they actually revolt and try their luck with Putin.

Mark Hamill has donated something like 500 drones of the type that drops grenades alone. These drones are over the Russians 24/7, and at this point I'm not even sure if it matters if they're equipped with grenades or not. They must absolutely terrorise the Russians.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The drone footage including drone dropped grenades from this failed attack are absolutely horrendous. In one drone video alone one guy takes out 6 (!) soldiers in one drone drop, followed by a reload and then taking out another 5 soldiers out in the open. Surely someone in Russia must see these videos and wonder why the hell they are even in Ukraine, they stand more of a chance if they actually revolt and try their luck with Putin.

Mark Hamill has donated something like 500 drones of the type that drops grenades alone. These drones are over the Russians 24/7, and at this point I'm not even sure if it matters if they're equipped with grenades or not. They must absolutely terrorise the Russians.

I guess you want Luke Skywalker in your rebellion.

• Like 1

Â