Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

5 minutes ago, allani said:

But only if Putin doesn't sign the deal.  He's offered Ukraine nothing.  In fact he's offered them less than nothing because the implication is that he's telling them to concede all the territory that Russia has taken and expecting them to be happy about it.  Imagine China invading the west cost of the USA and NATO telling any US President that they should just give up Washington, Oregon and California.  The guy's a ****ing lunatic.

He is a lunatic, but in his batshit crazy scenario Russia would need to give something up I assume otherwise why would Putin not agree?

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

You think Russia would invade a NATO country?

If Trump is President and lets Russia keep the territory in Ukraine then there will certainly be people who will start to doubt NATO's resolve.  I think they'd still be crazy to try a military invasion but then lots of people said the same about invading Ukraine.

16 hours ago, Genie said:

Russia blows up 60,000 tonnes of grain. I wonder how many of the worlds most desperate people will die as a result.

It will be interesting to see if Turkey do provide a safe corridor for Ukrainian ships in the black sea.

So a friend of mine (ex forces - sorry I can't be more specific, not because I'm being secretive, simply because I don't know... Think he was army though!) - say's the one thing he's heard a few times over the last few months was "That conflict is coming to us, we'll be heavily involved soon" - us meaning NATO. Seems to be something that's being re-iterated, and it'll be interesting to see what the "line" will be for full on nato involvement. 

26 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

So a friend of mine (ex forces - sorry I can't be more specific, not because I'm being secretive, simply because I don't know... Think he was army though!) - say's the one thing he's heard a few times over the last few months was "That conflict is coming to us, we'll be heavily involved soon" - us meaning NATO. Seems to be something that's being re-iterated, and it'll be interesting to see what the "line" will be for full on nato involvement. 

Somehow NATO would need to justify action in Ukraine as protecting their members ahead of Russia doing some damage.

They need a report or “dossier” to show that Russia are going to doing some serious damage with let’s say “weapons of mass destruction” to make the case for a major escalation.

1 hour ago, DeadlyDirk said:

"That conflict is coming to us, we'll be heavily involved soon" - us meaning NATO. Seems to be something that's being re-iterated, and it'll be interesting to see what the "line" will be for full on nato involvement. 

I don't see it. If NATO were going to get boots on the ground they would have done it already. The next step is to give Ukraine some jets assuming the war is still ongoing next year. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Turkey is supposed to be hosting Putin in August where they will discuss it. 

There is an international arrest warrant on Putin, its why he can’t attend the conference in South Africa in person.

Â