Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I reckon if a nuke is used by Putin then a call goes in to one of his senior chiefs that says either you kill him in the next 24 hours or Moscow is getting flattened.

US has already been clear. NSA saying there's been high level meetings which have dictated catastrophic consequences for Russia should a nuke be used.

It's very important that Moscow hear from us and know from us that the consequences would be horrific, and we've made that very clear," he said, adding that the U.S. response would be "catastrophic" without elaborating.

Video link to NBC

I'd suggest if anyone pushed that button, they'd find a B2 over their head within 3 hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 minute ago, pas5898 said:

US has already been clear. NSA saying there's been high level meetings which have dictated catastrophic consequences for Russia should a nuke be used.

Video link to NBC

I'd suggest if anyone pushed that button, they'd find a B2 over their head within 3 hours.

Yep, fully agree but I speculate there will be a short window where Russia can put out their own trash before it gets done for them.

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

I reckon if a nuke is used by Putin then a call goes in to one of his senior chiefs that says either you kill him in the next 24 hours or Moscow is getting flattened.

If he even tries to get one of the ground,  Moscow is gone as a matter of course I would think,  no more naughty step.  It's a pre defined response with no wriggle room,  Putin understands this very well.  

They have had since February to sort him out and he is now systematically killing his own recruits so what do they want in Russia as an excuse ?

It's really their choice as to what might happen now.  

North Korea and China are watching very closely as to what they can get away with.

This is not going to escalate into nuclear warfare anytime soon. Putin isn't stupid, he has more than enough cannon fodder to last years and enough of a grip on the population that many see running as a better option than taking to the streets. That tells you everything you need to know about his current grip on the Country and the chance of an uprising in the short term. 

I think we are seriously looking at a long draw out war of maybe another year or two and it won't end until one side or the other is exhausted.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Video link to NBC

London would be Putin's target and one would get through. We really are on the brink of a world changing event occuring and we are relying on Putin's mental state to pull back from it.

He's set himself to defend the motherland with his bogus referendum and that ,in his and Russia's mind clears the way to use tactical nuclear weapons.

Another way around this would be for us to arm Ukraine with similar weapons as a deterrent to Russia, maybe that's the USA threat to Putin.  ....it's all a nightmare tbh.

36 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Video link to NBC

We would just wipe out their army in Ukraine with conventional weapons. If they then attack our forces with Nuclear weapons then we need to do a first strike on Russian bases with Nuclear weapons. 

Russia knows if they trigger the steps each time it ends with the total destruction of Russia. 

13 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

This is not going to escalate into nuclear warfare anytime soon. Putin isn't stupid, he has more than enough cannon fodder to last years and enough of a grip on the population that many see running as a better option than taking to the streets. That tells you everything you need to know about his current grip on the Country and the chance of an uprising in the short term. 

I think we are seriously looking at a long draw out war of maybe another year or two and it won't end until one side or the other is exhausted.  

Exactly, he is ready for a long drawn out war and sending a million Russians to go die in it before he goes down the path of total self destruction of Russia by using Nuclear weapons

54 minutes ago, tinker said:

London would be Putin's target and one would get through. We really are on the brink of a world changing event occuring and we are relying on Putin's mental state to pull back from it.

He's set himself to defend the motherland with his bogus referendum and that ,in his and Russia's mind clears the way to use tactical nuclear weapons.

Another way around this would be for us to arm Ukraine with similar weapons as a deterrent to Russia, maybe that's the USA threat to Putin.  ....it's all a nightmare tbh.

He wouldn't attack a London, Paris etc as that would end Russia in a matter of weeks. He could attack Ukraine to see what response they get: which would be catastrophic but not completely debilitating.

If he attacked a big NATO capital city, then Russia would be completely steam rolled by the entire NATO / EU military within a matter of weeks. 

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

NATO are due to deliver yet more very capable AA systems to Ukraine, these would likely shoot down any ballistic missile with a warhead in it before it reached Ukraine. It's a gamble where Putin has the following things to contend with:

a) His missiles are often duds, they misfire, fly the wrong way, miss their targets and so on.

b) His missiles are intercepted 3/4 of the time - it'd be very dumb of him to blow his load, the nuke to get intercepted and then NATO to hammer his own territory because of the escalation. 

c) His military likely wouldn't follow the order - where does this leave them? They've said no to a madman, and will likely have to 'Ceausescu' him.

7 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

They've said no to a madman, and will likely have to 'Ceausescu' him.

Most the population are either shit scared to do anything or pro Putin. The idea that he could end up in front of a firing squad is a bit fanciful.

19 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Most the population are either shit scared to do anything or pro Putin. The idea that he could end up in front of a firing squad is a bit fanciful.

I agree. Though if you look at Putin's speech today you'll see a much more scared\flustered individual that is admitting to failures on mobilsation and his policy. Someone\something is pressuring him much more than before.

In fairness to Truss if she tried to do anything military minded she'd trip and accidently order the entire military to invade Monaco or something.

I imagine any military meetings would have her put in a corner with a bucket of army men and a carpet mat of the world, while the people that knew their arse from their elbow discussed things at the big table.

39 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I agree. Though if you look at Putin's speech today you'll see a much more scared\flustered individual that is admitting to failures on mobilsation and his policy. Someone\something is pressuring him much more than before.

Don't forget,  lets not big him up either,  he is not master politician or tactical mind.  He used to be a actual bag carrier for diplomats.  Waiting at a airport baggage carousel for "Big Boss bag"

He just got lucky and now it runs out.

Had to turn off the Putin live stream thing, he really is just batshit crazy at this point, ranting on about the ‘evil west’ and all their evil long term objectives.

The man has to be assassinated before it’s too late. To be honest it probably wouldn’t be a bad thing if someone accidentally dropped a large bomb on him and the entire audience right now.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

It's good to get a face of a traitor on live TV, these 4 idiots taking money off Putin to be the faces of these so called idiotic republics will be targets forever. Pure quislings, the lot of them.

I'm afraid there's very few examples of this kind of betrayal in history, and Quisling seems to be the most fitting.

Time to up the anti. Lend lease 2.0, everyone in NATO needs to lean in as much as the U.S is doing.

Edited by magnkarl

Â