Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

Just now, ender4 said:

Is this new or they've been doing this already?

Does this mean Belarus is now at war with Ukraine as well?

1) No it's not new, it's been happening since the start of the war.

2) They are Russian soldiers firing Russian missiles. Lukasheynko has allowed them to do this but he can't join the war because the Army will not let him. He tries to join the war himself, he'll get ousted straight away. The Belarusian army have no taste at all to join this. The only Belarusians known to be fighting in the war are fighting for Ukraine (2 battalions of them iirc)

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

20 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Horrific piece on sky news and videos circulating somewhere (I guess, not seen myself) regarding Chechen Russian soldiers castrating a Ukrainian PoW with a box cutter before executing him.

WTAF.

Russian has already been identified, they know EVERYTHING about him

Russia has already bombed the prison where these low lives operated. Incoming ‘we found this HIMARS rocket in the prison’. The rocket being from a place Ukraine blew up of course. Even Russians know that that video is way over the line and will do everything to bury it by causing noise elsewhere.

Russia has been crying about Russia phobia since day one. This sort of video will make anyone with a heart hate Russia with a passion. Well done Kadyrov you animal.

I expect the scenes from Kherson will be Dachau-like once Ukraine liberates it. 

Edited by magnkarl

Russia reinforced the Kharkiv axis as they were struggling there. It now appears that Ukraine is actually having most success where these troops were taken from North of Sloviansk. Russia is running out of pawns in their shitstorm of a chess match.

Wondering if many Russians are en route to Kherson oblast after all the publicity recently, and that the hammer fall might come somewhere else.

15 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Russia reinforced the Kharkiv axis as they were struggling there. It now appears that Ukraine is actually having most success where these troops were taken from North of Sloviansk. Russia is running out of pawns in their shitstorm of a chess match.

Wondering if many Russians are en route to Kherson oblast after all the publicity recently, and that the hammer fall might come somewhere else.

How would lots of troops even get to Kherson now the bridge is out?

34 minutes ago, bickster said:

How would lots of troops even get to Kherson now the bridge is out?

Sorry, meant to write Kherson Oblast*.

I presume Russia will want defensive lines going down towards Crimea. In reality I think it’s a losing game no matter what Russia does at this point. There’s more HIMARS and rocket artillery on the way, Macedonia has donated all but one of their T-72’s today and MiGs are rumoured to already be in place from Eastern Europe.

I suspect a couple of days more of swatting anti air around Kherson then a full NATO style combined arms push. I just think that other less defensively entrenched fronts might have just as much progress once Putin tries to duct tape the massive hole in his front lines around Crimea with military police from Chechnya.

Many offensives have started in the first week of August before. Wonder if this might be one more.

Edited by magnkarl

Could Russia try and make gains elsewhere in the country while the Ukrainian army makes a push to liberate Kherson?

Or even the opposite, everyone think Ukraine are counter attacking to take back Kherson, Russia send more troops to defend it, and Ukraine attack completely elsewhere like in the North or East?

25 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

if im not mistaken today i have read something about russia building a pontoon bridge near the destroyed bridge.

Not sure about that, I read one report that the pontoon bridge was already destroyed and they were having to resort to operating a ferry service with amphibious vehicles

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

if im not mistaken today i have read something about russia building a pontoon bridge near the destroyed bridge.

I found this thread on the subject now

19 hours ago, ender4 said:

Could Russia try and make gains elsewhere in the country while the Ukrainian army makes a push to liberate Kherson?

Or even the opposite, everyone think Ukraine are counter attacking to take back Kherson, Russia send more troops to defend it, and Ukraine attack completely elsewhere like in the North or East?

It’s likely to be the second thing, if anything. Russia struggled with no threat to their rear, full ammo stocks and 100.000 men. They’re now lacking all of the above.

Putin has been bragging today about the Russian Navy’s imminent arrival of Hypersonic missiles which he says have no equal in the world.

He also said the US was Russia’s biggest threat.

At least half of that speech was true then.

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

If it's the equivalent of their world beating tanks, it's probably some second hand javelins being launched by some sort of clockwork mechanism.

Probably just some standard missiles with go faster stripes painted on them and a spoiler at the back.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Probably just some standard missiles with go faster stripes painted on them and a spoiler at the back.

Are you suggesting that doesn't make things run quicker? 🤯

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I here they've also got underbody neon lights. If that's true then Ukraine are in big trouble.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â