But in sorrow and fear
That’s when saints can appear
To drive out those old snakes once again
And they struggle for us to be free
From the psycho in this human family
Ireland’s sorrow and pain
Is now the Ukraine
And Saint Patrick’s name now Zelensky

https://pitchfork.com/news/watch-nancy-pelosi-read-u2-bono-poem-about-ukraine-at-st-patricks-day-luncheon/

War is hell.

He’s had a few too many green beers. That wouldn’t even be good with a very samey guitar riff from a guy named after a cliff.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

23 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

What happened to the reports of explosions in Belarus’ cities yesterday? I’ve not heard or seen anything further since the initial reports. Did they really happen? Or was it just fabricated Twitter rubbish?

I think some reported explosions, what was actually reported was a noise like a explosion  which apparently was from Ukraine borders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Here is that Bono Poem in full:

Oh, Saint Patrick he drove out the snakes
With his prayers but that’s not all it takes
For the snake symbolizes
An evil that rises
And hides in your heart
As it breaks
And the evil has risen, my friends
From the darkness that lives in some men
But in sorrow and fear
That’s when saints can appear
To drive out those old snakes once again
And they struggle for us to be free
From the psycho in this human family
Ireland’s sorrow and pain
Is now the Ukraine
And Saint Patrick’s name now Zelensky

https://pitchfork.com/news/watch-nancy-pelosi-read-u2-bono-poem-about-ukraine-at-st-patricks-day-luncheon/

War is hell.

Oh, Bono, not you too.

25 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I wonder what drone is used here, considering the rkg is a Soviet made anti tank grenade and probably won't work on the BT2.

Is Ukraine modding their own UAV's? 

You can why the soldiers that survive have PTSE, strolling around knowing that you can be blown to bits at any seconds of the day or night with zero warning.

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I find the videos of people getting blown up set to dance music really disturbing in a dehumanising way. 

I find the videos of Russian troops getting conventionally defeated when they're shooting civilians, bombing schools, hospitals and bomb shelters, being fully aware that this is a crime against humanity and not doing jack to stop quite cathartic. 

At this point there's no one in the Russian army groups placed in Ukraine that can misunderstand what they're doing there.

**** me, it's started.....

Brokedonaldov has opened...

Fast-food chain with suspicious logo to 'replace McDonald's in Russia' (msn.com)

Soon to be followed by Starbuckov, Aeroflop and many more chaingang stores. 

I find Russia's behaviour quite pathetic and childlike. From Putin to Kadyrov the mentality is very babyish and distorted. 

29 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I find the videos of people getting blown up set to dance music really disturbing in a dehumanising way. 

I know, dance music is awful, isn’t it. Quite puts me off gawping at all the gore and death. I think I might start a Twitter hashtag about it, or something. Much better to use traditional music, like the 1812 overture, or even some death metal. I just think it captures the mood better and it really brings out the artful side of war.*

*I don’t think any of that, I’m trying to be satirical- it’s the people being blown up that is the horrible dehumanising thing. Sharing videos of it, manipulated with whatever music or none, is gross.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

You can why the soldiers that survive have PTSE, strolling around knowing that you can be blown to bits at any seconds of the day or night with zero warning.

Post Traumatic Stress Erections are the worst. 

Sorry. 

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, blandy said:

it’s the people being blown up that is the horrible dehumanising thing. Sharing videos of it, manipulated with whatever music or none, is gross.

Sure, but I feel like there are levels of dehumanisation going on with the addition of music or funny emojis or whatever.  

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

So back to China, these things are always subtle but Chinese State Sponsored TV in the US has started showing destruction in Ukraine on TV and apparently they have started to do so in a limited way in China too. They hadn’t done this at all before yesterday. These shifts always have more significance than they seem to have on the surface

It’ll be interesting to know which context they are showing it.

Unprovoked Russian invasion

or

Necessary special military operation 

As long as Russia hasn't collected the bodies they can hide behind that the soldiers are lost\pow's. My guess is that this is a deliberate tactic to avoid turbulence back home. Body bags from Afghanistan contributed heavily to USSR's fall so Putin is probably fine with the bodies of Russian young men being left in the country he's trying to pulverise.

• Sad 2

Â