Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

14 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Adrian signed a new West Ham deal, so cross him off the wish list for new keepers. 

I don't think he was ever a realistic target, he's premier league quality in my opinion. Saying that, I would've said the same about Neil Taylor and James Chester 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, striker said:

Villa did well in signing Hourihane and Lansbury for minimal amounts due to state of contract but quality in the Championship still costs upwards on 10m so if Bruce is looking to bring in 3-4 players then based on reasonable valuations on what is available for transfer Bruce is going to struggle to do that.

However it could be that Bruce is targeting loans as well and if that is so then there shouldn't be a problem.

That just isn't true though. 

In the history of the championship their have only been 7 players move for upwards of 10 million, Kodjia and McCormack being two of them. Then their have only been a further 20+ transfers or more than 5 million. 

A budget of just 20/25 million once with moved a few players on is massive in this division and should easily be enough to bring in good enough players for promotion. 

I got my figures from transfer markt website. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, lp_villa830 said:

That just isn't true though. 

In the history of the championship their have only been 7 players move for upwards of 10 million, Kodjia and McCormack being two of them. Then their have only been a further 20+ transfers or more than 5 million. 

A budget of just 20/25 million once with moved a few players on is massive in this division and should easily be enough to bring in good enough players for promotion. 

I got my figures from transfer markt website. 

I agree with your point in general, and i also agree that £25m should be enough for 3/4 players at this level. But with parachute payments for the 3 coming down, and teams ever more desperate for promotion due to the new TV deal, your "average" price of players could absolutely rocket this summer. 

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don't think he was ever a realistic target, he's premier league quality in my opinion. Saying that, I would've said the same about Neil Taylor and James Chester 

I personally would still say Taylor and Chester are PL quality.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Might be childish of me, but if Athletico really want Amavi, it is making me think they must still see what we bought him for.

Either we try to get a substantial fee for him and utilise him properly.

It would really piss me off if he went and all of a sudden became a world beater as usually happens to us.

I would also want a sell on clause so that we get say 20% of any profit they might make if he does become a world beater and we sell him for around what we paid for him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Might be childish of me, but if Athletico really want Amavi, it is making me think they must still see what we bought him for.

Either we try to get a substantial fee for him and utilise him properly.

It would really piss me off if he went and all of a sudden became a world beater as usually happens to us.

Don't worry he won't, if this bid is true we will end up absolutely mugging them off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Totally wrong, other teams are getting promoted on a fraction of our budget. 

I think this is true but the teams that you mention have an adept manager and scouting network

Amavi I think we will get back what we paid at least, he is still young, clearly has some talent and was finding his way back to full match sharpness last season, despite some woeful defensive displays.

Vertout I think we will get a fee but probably make a loss, maybe get 5 mil.

Gil probably will go for 1-2 mil.

Either way I think we will get 15 mil back at least and shift some high wages.

Still leaves us with Micah on his stupid wages.

But i hope if Bruce DOES give Gabby a contract it's a one year contract that he really has to work his arse of to earn, i can't see him getting fit enough and more pics of him clubbing in Ibiza will probably kill any chances. I really he pisses off to China or the MLS, as his wages have been a pointless burden for the last 3 years.

In Green and RHM we have to attacking players who are ready for first team football, yes i know RDM has still hardly played, but he should still be on the bench with Green a starter.

Was really impressed with Grosicki at Hull, plays left wing, an area we definitely need to improve. With Hull in the same league as us, and in an all round mess, I wonder if we could poach him? Unless he'll be off to play at a higher level. 

• Like 1

Grosicki is a very good player.

Did anyone else listen to Wyness's interview with WM? 

He alluded to being in advanced talks with our targets and described them as "Quality players with an exciting mixture of youth and being real men".

Who could these players possibly be?

13 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Grosicki is a very good player.

Did anyone else listen to Wyness's interview with WM? 

He alluded to being in advanced talks with our targets and described them as "Quality players with an exciting mixture of youth and being real men".

Who could these players possibly be?

We have been linked with Aden Flint who is a real unit of a bloke. 

oCQBMPJ7.jpg

I like the look of Flint. The bloke knows where the net is aswell. Always a good thing with a center half.

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Flint is a no nonsense centre half and would be perfect alongside Chester with Baker as 1st change.

I can see Elphick leaving, sadly i can't see anyone stupid enough to take Richards. Signing Flint then would give us the following options at CB.

Chester

Flint

Baker

Jedinak 

Bree (has played CB before)

Richards

I'd be happy with that.